Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Why are CEOs paid as much as 300 times more than other employees?   The Consumer You: Marketplace

Started Dec-2 by Showtalk; 2664 views.
kizmet1

Dec-6

I have always said (truly) that someone could have a degree in basket weaving and get a promotion over someone who was a dedicated and smart worker with a lot of experience on the job. Not everyone could afford college.
Showtalk
Host

Dec-6

That could be true unless the job requires skills thy don’t have,

kizmet1

Dec-6

Or maybe others knew people in high places.
Showtalk
Host

Dec-7

Nepotism.  It could also be the city.  A large city with many open jobs has better opportunities. A small city with few people needing jobs also has good employment.  That is one reason, though, why so many open their own businesses. So they don’t have to rely on someone else to give them jobs,

kizmet1

Dec-7

Some people are very dynamic in dealing with people no matter their their education or experience. An uncle spoke 9 European languages. He got a gov't job. Was sent to Japan. They loved him and requested him all the time. He never spoke Japanese but he learned to.love fish raw or cooked. He'd always hated it.
Showtalk
Host

Dec-7

A strong and warm personality is always a benefit.

kizmet1

Dec-7

Yes. I agree. Not enough around.
Showtalk
Host

Dec-7

It seems to make their lives easier.  I have a few friends like that who are naturally social and people gravitate to them.

kizmet1

Dec-7

My uncle still had an accent after 35 years but I guess it made people curious about how he got here?
Showtalk
Host

Dec-7

Many people never get rid of their accents.  Some get more pronounced when they are talking to another person with an accent.

• Edited December 7, 2020 8:34 pm  by  Showtalk