Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Portland Foreclosure May Be Stopped   The Newsy You: News of Today

Started Dec-11 by kizmet1; 1035 views.
kizmet1

Dec-11

The "Red House" family in Portland who lost their home may be negotiating a new contract with man who is trying to evict them. He came from Russia as a child and started investing in real estate at 18. He is married with children and is bothered by the way people are reacting to him and his family.
Maybe donations will come to help the original owners keep it? They owe just over $200,000.
Showtalk
Host

Dec-11

Maybe they can work something out.  Our friend is renting out a house with squatters. We just heard about it. He’s not allowed to evict, they aren’t paying rent and if they are there long enough they can take ownership. Squatters rights. So he somehow has to get the people to move by their own choice.  

kizmet1

Dec-12

Breaking News!!!
Everyone curious about this story should try one of our local TV stations, KGW.com or KOIN.com
Red house is in a mix of residental, commercial and apartments. The house is very old. Next door to about a 5 story apartment building. It seems Red House family own a house 2 miles away in a strictly residential neighborhood called Irvington. At least 3 Portland mayors have lived there that I can recall. The hedge and yard are perfectly groomed.
I bet they refinanced their Red House to put a big down.payment on their other house and use it as a rental?
Showtalk
Host

Dec-12

Showtalk
Host

Dec-12

Showtalk
Host

Dec-12

On Tuesday, police went to the home again. They emailed reporters photos of what they found, which included two handguns, bear mace, 250 rounds of ammunition, multiple sets of body armor, ballistic vests and helmets. Police made arrests on Tuesday, but they haven’t been able to clear the camp.

kizmet1

Dec-12

I assure you that the other house in Irvington is in perfect shape. It is called NE Portland. This is nothing like the area 3 mayors lived in.
I knew this area very well as a child. My.mother took.me for dtives on Mississippi as the potholes were fun to drive thru fora 3 year old.
kizmet1

Dec-12

The roof slope is called a 12/12. It is what my skylights are on. No problem with trespassers getting in thru them, lol.
Showtalk
Host

Dec-12

So why squat in the second house?

Showtalk
Host

Dec-12

That is a steep roof.