Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Clothes drying method   The Curious You: Beliefs and Ideas

Started Feb-24 by WALTER784; 2471 views.

While I own a dryer, it hasn't actually been used in several years.

Since the weather here is normally except for that week in February this year, relatively dry and warm and sunny, I just use a clothes line.

When it' rainy outside, I often just string stuff up in the shop building to dry.

Showtalk
Host

Mar-28

You are lucky to have a big shop building for indoor laundry.

WALTER784

Mar-29

We have this large sliding double glass door in our living room that extends to a deck outside. Initially, when we first bought the house, the deck wasn't enclosed. But later, I decided to put up an enclosed roof (milky white plexiglass) and 3 glass walls around it.

So now, if we have rainy days like during the monsoon season, we just hang the clothes in that enclosed deck but prefer the clothes line because you have the wind as well to dry them quicker.

FWIW

I laid out laundry on the tailgate and side rails of the pickup and it was all dry in about 15 minutes, except for the denim pants.

WALTER784

Mar-30

$1,661.87 in cats (ROCKETMAN_S) said...

I laid out laundry on the tailgate and side rails of the pickup and it was all dry in about 15 minutes, except for the denim pants.

I did that when we were at the camp house at my grandfather's ranch.

We would ride out on horseback to go hunting around 5AM and by the time we got back shortly after noon, we were totally soaked because we had to ride through a rain storm. So back at the camp house, after the sun came back out, we did exactly that.

And yes... about the denim jeans... they took 30 or 45 minutes.

Had the sun not come back out... we would have all driven home in wet clothing! (* CHUCKLE *)

FWIW

Speaking of non-standard things a truck is good for, a buddy of mine who is a welder, took some 2 inch square steel tubing and made a "Y" that slides into the hitch receiver where normally a drawbar to tow a trailer with would go.

He drilled and tapped holes for bolts for hinges, and mounted a toilet seat on it.

So the steel rails support the toilet seat, leaving nothing but a 16 inch drop to the ground thru the center of the seat. And yes, you can use it exactly in that manner. There is a toilet paper roll holder and a pair of hand rails that flank the seat as well. Just slide the assembly into the trailer hitch receiver, and leave something for the dung beetles and horse flies to dispose of over the next day or so..

Showtalk said:

Denim dries slowly.

Denim dries more slowly than nylon, dacron, rayon, etc. However, when ambient temperature is 113 degrees F and humidity is about 5%, and full sunlight in the desert, even heavy denim will be dry in about 5 to 10 minutes, especially if there's any wind at all.

WALTER784

Mar-30

$1,661.87 in cats (ROCKETMAN_S) said...

So the steel rails support the toilet seat, leaving nothing but a 16 inch drop to the ground thru the center of the seat. And yes, you can use it exactly in that manner. There is a toilet paper roll holder and a pair of hand rails that flank the seat as well. Just slide the assembly into the trailer hitch receiver, and leave something for the dung beetles and horse flies to dispose of over the next day or so.

Just make sure you don't step in it when you remove the toilet and place it back in the bed of the truck! (* CHUCKLE *)

Perhaps a hole should be dug directly below the toilet and then shoveled back in before you remove the toilet to prevent that!

FWIW

Someone who is a lot more redneck than me says, you drive forward or back up about 10 feet before you remove the toilet seat to stow it so you don't step in something.