Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Have you been vaccinated for Covid 19?   The Healthy You: Health and Fitness Polls

Started 3/6/21 by Showtalk; 4750 views.
Showtalk said:

I can’t find anything about the contents of containers on that ship.

It's the stuff aboard thousands of other ships that are stuck in the line behind that stuck ship that's the real problem.

Showtalk
Host

3/28/21

If it was vaccines, some transport company would have swept in by air to get them out and delivered.

Showtalk
Host

3/28/21

True, i didn’t think about the clog that stopped all shipping behind the freighter.

WALTER784

3/29/21

Showtalk said...

I can’t find anything about the contents of containers on that ship.  

The shelf life for vaccinations is too short to waste on sending them by ship.

If any stories out their are claiming that... they're probably just conspiracy theory propagandists!

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

3/29/21

The boat is afloat.  It may be free by tomorrow.

WALTER784

3/29/21

Showtalk said...

The boat is afloat.  It may be free by tomorrow.

Yep, the rudder has been free for 2 days now, and in the next day or two, several really large tug boats will arrive and should be able to pull it off the sandbar it's washed up on.

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

3/29/21

Will it be used again or is it ruined?

WALTER784

3/29/21

Showtalk said...

Will it be used again or is it ruined?

Damage seems to have been minimal and it can run on it's own power now.

However, as in all accidents, there will be a full hull inspection but that cannot be done until the ship arrives in Rotterdam and gets all those hundreds of thousands of tons of cargo off that ship.

Then they will move it into drydock, pump all the water out and give the entire hull a complete inspection. But that probably won't happen for at least another month or three depending on how soon and where they can find an empty drydock that large.

So I would imagine that they will take it out of commission once it offloads it's current cargo until the inspection is complete and it's given a sea-worthy go-ahead to be re-commissioned back into service.

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

3/29/21

Do they know why it ran aground?

WALTER784

3/30/21

I have yet to see a final report. That may take a month or two, but I did read a report that wind was NOT a factor.

I have a suspicion that it might have been purposeful negligence, but will wait for the final report!

FWIW