Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Have you been vaccinated for Covid 19?   The Healthy You: Health and Fitness Polls

Started 3/6/21 by Showtalk; 4736 views.
Showtalk
Host

3/30/21

Maybe over the weight limit?

WALTER784

3/30/21

Showtalk said...

Maybe over the weight limit?

I doubt it. If it were overweight, it would have either sunk or toppled over (unable to be ballasted properly).

I know it may look like a lot of containers on top to you, but I go deep sea fishing all the time and have seen numerous ships that look very similar to that. They're amazing to watch real close up.

I believe this one was intentional, but we'll have to wait and see the final report.

I have several suspicions as I've seen several other similar accidents in the past where a Chinese captain of a large vessel caused their ship to drift into the causeway bridge entering the Japanese Kansai International Airport and closed road access to the airport for 4 or 5 months during re-construction. Then, there was a Chinese pilot who crash landed on one of the two runways at Narita International Airport closing one of the runways for close to two weeks during inspection of the crash and then clean up.

This time, the owner of the ship is Japanese, but the Captain of the ship was Chinese.

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

3/30/21

You think it was done on purpose? Why?

WALTER784

3/30/21

Leverage...

Do as we say or expect similar to occur costing your country Billions in repairs... or do this and we won't pursue similar tactics in the future.

Mafia style!

Here's the 2018 ship collision with the bridge going to Kansai International Airport.

Ship captain accused over tanker collision with Kansai airport bridge in 2018 typhoon

Ship captain accused over tanker collision with Kansai airport bridge in 2018 typhoon

It closed the 3rd largest airport in Japan for several months.

The Chinese initially claimed it was the strong typhoon, but later it was revealed that the captain was to blame.

FWIW

• Edited March 30, 2021 10:49 pm  by  WALTER784
Showtalk
Host

3/30/21

There must be a way to stop that from happening.

WALTER784

3/30/21

And then there's the FedEx flight 80 from China to Narita piloted by a Chinese which crash landed right on the runway.

It came in nose first (unheard of), bounced off the runway, flipped over and then exploded into flames.

The crash occurred at 6:49AM (one of the first flights into Narita that day) and all flights for the rest of the day were entirely re-routed to another airport due to all the smoke. And even after the fire was put out. There was major damage to the runway. It took the inspectors 4 or 5 days to go through the wreckage trying to figure out what happened. Then they had to cut the plane up and tow it in pieces off of the runway because it was flipped on it's back and totally destroyed in the fire which took about another week to complete.

Closing that airport for a day costs over $100 Million. Cutting up and removing such a large structure also cost Millions and then they still had to repair the hole in the runway which all cost Millions more. During that time, Narita airport was limited to one of their two runways cutting the number of flights in half (i.e. $50 Million per day for more than 10 days)!

FWIW

WALTER784

3/30/21

Yes... ban Chinese pilots & captains from operation of such large vessels. And then you would hear all kinds of racist slants or xenophobic claims!!!

Or... pay the piper to not pipe any more in your region!

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

3/31/21

$100 million! That’s a good way to kill off part of the economy.

WALTER784

3/31/21

Showtalk said...

$100 million! That’s a good way to kill off part of the economy.

That was just the 1st day, then they lost $50 Mil per day for 10 days (because only one runway cut the number of flights in half) adding an additional $500 Mil for a grand total of $600 Mil plus the cost of cutting up, moving and scrapping the plane as well as the cost to repair the runway too!

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

4/1/21

Did they ever make it up?