Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What is your opinion on presidential dogs living in the White House?   The Serious You: How Current Events Affect You

Started Mar-12 by Showtalk; 1857 views.
Showtalk

Poll Question From Showtalk

Mar-12

What is your opinion on presidential dogs living in the White House?
  • They should be well trained and safe around strangers8  votes
    36%
  • They should be kept isolated from strangers1  vote
    4%
  • Any dog that bites an employee or guest should be permanently banned1  vote
    4%
  • Dogs bite, it's not a big deal0  votes
    0%
  • They should get one chance to prove themselves, then removed if they misbehav...0  votes
    0%
  • Even presidents should be responsible dog owners, train and socialize their d...3  votes
    13%
  • This incident is bad for the breed and for responsible GSD owners1  vote
    4%
  • I think the media is making too big a fuss over the latest dog bite4  votes
    18%
  • 1 and 64  votes
    18%
  • Other0  votes
    0%
They should be well trained and safe around strangers 
They should be kept isolated from strangers 
Any dog that bites an employee or guest should be permanently banned 
Dogs bite, it's not a big deal 
They should get one chance to prove themselves, then removed if they misbehav... 
Even presidents should be responsible dog owners, train and socialize their d... 
This incident is bad for the breed and for responsible GSD owners 
I think the media is making too big a fuss over the latest dog bite 
1 and 6 
Other 
The_Rock (JABRONI256)

Mar-12

I voted 1, I think it's fine as long as they are not aggressive and no one has allergic reactions and anyone who might be employed in a position where the dogs may interact with them should be cleared for allergens to avoid any issues.

Showtalk
Host

Mar-12

I think it depends on the breed and the owners.

In reply toRe: msg 1
Showtalk
Host

Mar-12

The_Rock (JABRONI256)

Mar-12

I don't think anyone in the White house is going to be having pitbulls lead by heavy chains any time soon, by which I mean that german shepards are generally pretty common house pets, but when you have people shuffling in and around that building at almost all times and dudes in sunglasses who are close protection it might make a dog somewhat agitated, I think they made the right call in sending the dogs away but I won't be surprised if they come back at some point.

Showtalk
Host

Mar-12

German shepherds are bred to be somewhat human aggressive and are not meant to be social with strangers. If they have been socialized and they have very stable personalities they can be in a hectic environment.  Their older dog is fine but the younger is not capable of being there.  I wonder how many biting incidents will be allowed, because there will be more.

WALTER784

Mar-13

I've always heard that if dog bites man... it's not news.

But if man bites dog... then it's news!!!

Go figure!!! (* CHUCKLE *)

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Mar-13

This dog bite made the news.

Sounds like a First World problem; a tempest in a teapot. In an era where millions are living in their cars or are months behind on utilities and rent, others have had their business they spent a lifetime building go under, it's a distraction to throw into the news cycle.

It really makes me wonder what the "drive-by media" are covering up by not reporting that is really important, by filling the headlines with that kind of story.

It also reminds me of something from a journalism class decades ago.
"Dog bites man" isn't a story.

"Man bites dog" - now there's a front page headline.

Showtalk said:

Their older dog is fine but the younger is not capable of being there. I wonder how many biting incidents will be allowed, because there will be more.

I was really hoping the first First Dog story would be where it left a deposit somewhere and someone else stepped in it and tracked the caca del perro across a carpet - hahaha.