Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

966 Deaths from vaccine   The Serious You: How Current Events Affect You

Started Mar-15 by WALTER784; 4634 views.
WALTER784

Mar-15

According to adverse incident reports collected by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 966 individuals have died after having received an mRNA vaccine for COVID-19.

Between Dec. 14 and Feb. 19, 19,769 reports were made to the Vaccine Adverse Events Reporting System (VAERS) following immunizations with either the Moderna or Pfizer BioNTech mRNA vaccines (the only two vaccines given during the time period assessed). At this time, VAERS data is not available after Feb. 19.

The 966 deaths represent 5 percent of the total number of adverse events reports. Of those who died, 86, (8.9 percent) died on the same day they got the shot. An additional 129, (13.4 percent) died within one day. An additional 97 died within 2 days, and 61 within 3 days.

A total of 514 (53.2 percent) died within a week. 173 died within 7-13 days. 106 within 14-20 days.

https://myvalleynews.com/blog/2021/03/07/adverse-incident-reports-show-966-deaths-following-vaccination-for-covid-19/

FWIW

https://www.newsweek.com/covid-vaccine-deaths-cause-pfizer-moderna-fact-check-966-died-1574447

Some key quotes, 

Far-right U.S. news outlet The Epoch Times reported on March 6 that 966 people had died after having the Pfizer or Moderna COVID vaccines.

There are hundreds of reports of people having died after getting a COVID vaccine, but that does not necessarily mean the vaccine was the cause.

Mostly True.

However, it is false to say that COVID vaccines have caused 966 deaths, because the VAERS database is not designed to give this information. 

The CDC said on its adverse events page, updated March 1: "To date, VAERS has not detected patterns in cause of death that would indicate a safety problem with COVID-19 vaccines."

WALTER784

Mar-15

The_Rock (JABRONI256) said...

https://www.newsweek.com/covid-vaccine-deaths-cause-pfizer-moderna-fact-check-966-died-1574447

Some key quotes, 

Far-right U.S. news outlet The Epoch Times reported on March 6 that 966 people had died after having the Pfizer or Moderna COVID vaccines.

So... the Epoch Times is a far right news organization... I didn't know that. But Newsweek is a far left news organization... that I know.

So a far left news media fact checks a far right news organization and disclaims their report... neither of their stories match up!!!

Is there any independent news media whom we CAN believe to tell the truth?

I do know that here in Japan, of the 400 some odd medical staff whom are being used as guinea pigs until the vaccine is opened to the public, that 61 have had adverse affects (allergies, other symptoms which were not so minor) and 1 death of a 22 year old nurse have occurred! Now that information I do believe!

And the Japanese Prime Minister is currently considering whether to extend the Apr 1st roll out of the vaccination to May or not is currently being discussed!

FWIW

if you've ever gotten an Epoch Times in your mailbox, and I have numerous times it's more analogous to toilet paper than actual news. I certainly am not taking the same thing away from the Newsweek piece that you are, I think if you were to read it closely you'd find two pieces of key information which I highlighted, 1. The numbers reported line up almost exactly, 2. The numbers are being potentially, POTENTIALLY misinterpreted to spread antivaxxer hysteria along political lines, something the Epoch Times is known to do. 

If you're unsure what to trust I suggest Media Bias Fact Check, I present looks at the Epoch Times and Newsweek for comparison, I think it speaks for itself in terms of reliability. 

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-epoch-times/

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/newsweek/

Showtalk
Host

Mar-15

How many of those people would have died anyway without the vaccine? How many should not have been given the vaccine?  My friend’s husband is fragile due to cancer treatment.  He is older than she is, I think 83?  Never asked. His heart doctor advised him against taking it but his family meets without him and he couldn’t take it anymore. So he got the vaccine a week ago. He is still alive.

Showtalk
Host

Mar-15

There is no “far right.” People are either conservative or they are not.  Same with the left, either people subscribe to all of it or they are not left.

That said, I have extended family in the medical field who know far more about vaccines and their manufacture and distribution than any journalists and they all said the deaths occurred with the vaccine but not due to the vaccine.  The only exception seems to be when someone is extremely frail and their bodies can’t handle a strong immune response.  But it’s also possible those people were dying already. 

That's called a comorbidity is it not? 

I disagree with your assertion of leanings politically, there is a far, far right and a far, far left, also a right leaning, a left leaning and a center, I would describe myself as a center right liberal, or a uniquely Canadian phenomenon; a red tory. 

Showtalk
Host

Mar-15

You did not read the Epoch Times you received or you would know why it was started.  Epoch Times was started as a Chinese language website to protect practitioners of the eastern practice of Falun Gong from persecution and genocide.  They were shut down and forced to come to the U.S. where they publish their newspaper.  We should all be against mass genocide. 

Actually I read every one that comes to my mailbox, before it becomes instant fire starter, you're making an assumption; I disagree entirely with their slant and they have a very, very poor track record, I'm against persecution and I definitely view China as a State that persecutes people but here's the thing, I knew that from actual news already, and quite a bit more detailed in other responsible sources that don't come free in my mailbox alongside Watch Tower pamphlets from Jehovah's Witnesses, much like Qanon and their Save Our Children bastardization, everyone knew of and deplores child sex trafficking, but it's not news that we didn't already get from credible sources elsewhere. 

Risa (Risa25)

Mar-15

I am familiar with the VAERS reporting system, and if someone dies from a vaccine, obviously they cannot report it for themselves. Therefore, someone else would have to report it. If someone does die the same day they received the shot, does the system report what else may have been going on at the time the shot was received? If they were already in a hospital or nursing home or skilled nursing facility? Did they have health issues that could have caused death even if they had not been vaccinated? I have heard of only ONE death that could have been attributed to the vaccine and that was from a blood clot. Over half a million people have died from COVID. Statistics can be manipulated. Do the CDC and the FDA say that the 966 deaths were directly attributed to having received the vaccine, or is it just the stats from the VAERS reports. Please read carefully before spreading probable misinformation.