Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Is vaccine shaming right when people jump the line to get vaccines early?   The Serious You: How Current Events Affect You

Started Mar-23 by Showtalk; 1255 views.
Showtalk

Poll Question From Showtalk

Mar-23

Is vaccine shaming right when people jump the line to get vaccines early?
  • Yes, we should identify vaccine cheaters and humiliate or cancel them0  votes
    0%
  • No, HIPPA requires privacy and personal information should not be shared5  votes
    29%
  • No, vaccines should be used rather than thrown away for lack of patients3  votes
    17%
  • No, I don't care who gets vaccinated5  votes
    29%
  • No, let them, I am not getting one and don't care4  votes
    23%
  • Other0  votes
    0%
Yes, we should identify vaccine cheaters and humiliate or cancel them 
No, HIPPA requires privacy and personal information should not be shared 
No, vaccines should be used rather than thrown away for lack of patients 
No, I don't care who gets vaccinated 
No, let them, I am not getting one and don't care 
Other 
In reply toRe: msg 1
Showtalk
Host

Mar-23

In reply toRe: msg 1
Showtalk
Host

Mar-23

The_Rock (JABRONI256)

Mar-23

I voted for the privacy option, we've had this question in Canada too, a rich couple from BC flew up north where indigenous peoples are getting vaccinated so they could queue jump, they were royally bent over the table for it, which I agree with. However, if no one in the targeted group is around and you only have a finite amount of time before the vaccine expires you pull anyone in you can until you run out.

Showtalk
Host

Mar-23

I agree, however a doctor lost his license for giving unused shots to too many people of his own nationality.

The_Rock (JABRONI256)

Mar-23

We had an appalling case of a pharmacist who was a vaccine skeptic who threw out 60 some vials, disgraceful.

Showtalk
Host

Mar-23

That happened here too. Someone either turned off a freezer or left it open and lost hundreds.

WALTER784

Mar-24

Showtalk said...

That happened here too. Someone either turned off a freezer or left it open and lost hundreds.

There was one death of a nurse who was vaccinated here in Japan. They traced the cause to miss-use of the freezer meant to keep the vaccinations at -70C. The freezer used had both a refrigeration unit and a freezer unit. Both supplied by separate power supplies.

But what happened was that they plugged in both the freezer and refrigerator unit power supplies which caused the circuit breaker to trip and the vaccination thawed out. They had to throw out the remainder 600 vials each capable of providing 6 patience each so 3,600 vaccinations were trashed.

They have since learned only to plug in the freezer unit and not the refrigeration unit!

Sad... but accidents like this can and do happen if not properly advised beforehand.

FWIW

• Edited March 24, 2021 4:33 am  by  WALTER784
Showtalk
Host

Mar-24

Why did it kill her and not anyone else who also received an improperly stored vaccine? Does that mean others who got theirs with her did not get immunity?

WALTER784

Mar-25

There were several (4 or 5 others) who got it before her had adverse effects, but not quite life threatening. Her death was the only death, but others given the shots from that same batch did have larger than normal reactions after getting the shot. After her death, they stopped giving that batch and started the investigation. They also stopped ALL vaccinations until the cause was made known. That delayed roll out of the vaccination by about 10 days. (At that time, only doctors and nurses were being vaccinated, not the general public.)

Likewise, a new directive was made to only plug in the freezer and not the refrigerator portion.

FWIW