Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

COVID origin   The Serious You: How Current Events Affect You

Started Mar-29 by WALTER784; 519 views.
WALTER784

Mar-29

Guess what... the COVID-19 virus that didn't originate in China actually did originate from China!!!

Coronavirus emerged in China 'as early as October 2019' - two months BEFORE the first diagnosed cases, study claims

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-9380325/Coronavirus-started-circulating-China-October-2019-study-claims.html

... and ...

https://noqreport.com/2021/03/21/evidence-points-to-covid-19-leaking-from-experiments-on-an-antidote-for-their-bioweapon

FWIW

I'm not sure anyone disputes the notion the virus originated in China, the dispute is whether it came from a lab or some other source, your other link, having googled the site itself is not one I would trust in any way, shape or form so I won't comment directly but it seems to me that the idea this is a bioweapon has to be one of the dumbest ideas I've ever heard, statistics bear it out that this virus while it has killed a lot of people has mostly killed older people, with comorbidities, it doesn't, until the most recent strains target younger people seriously and  we developed a number of vaccines that appear to be very effective, even against the variants by all indications so far, so if it was a weapon of mass destruction it sure failed, I guess the lesson here is don't count on cheap chinese crap, always buy American bioweapons. 

Showtalk
Host

Mar-29

Didn’t we already know that?

Showtalk
Host

Mar-29

I read it and the sources seem to be correct.  The site you don’t like didn’t originate the idea, they just linked to media news stories on accepted sites.

I would consider anything in that article to be fruit of a poisonous tree, some of it may have come from a factual source but they've manipulated and twisted it too much for me to take any of it at face value. We've discussed at length my objection to this kind of news, I know you and Walter don't agree and I'll just have to live with that but on the idea itself that this was a lab creation, it just doesn't pass the logic test; if this was a weapon of mass destruction it clearly failed miserably, we know that the vaccines were developed fast, we know they work, we know that precautions like masks and social distancing worked to contain the spread, that doesn't add up if you're engineering a virus to destroy your enemies. 

And on the remote chance it did come from a Chinese lab that intentionally created a bio-weapon to destroy it's enemies, what do we even do with this information? Do we go to war? Against the world's largest military?

Showtalk
Host

Mar-29

It’s important to know how it happened so it never happens again.  The world can’t tolerate a second dangerous outbreak of something else.  You comments are a good example of why we need a more credible and responsible media.  They have you and many others convinced that only a certain type of outlet is acceptable and yet over and over it’s been shown they are not always reliable or even truthful.  They essentially fact check themselves.  Then they define any dissenters as fraudulent. They cancel anyone who has a different view with facts to prove it. I grew up learning to look at all sides.  That is impossible now when only one side is ever granted credibility, even when they are not.

Showtalk said:

It’s important to know how it happened so it never happens again.

I agree. 

Showtalk said:

You comments are a good example of why we need a more credible and responsible media.  They have you and many others convinced that only a certain type of outlet is acceptable and yet over and over it’s been shown they are not always reliable or even truthful.

That's a bit over the top and sort of insulting don't you think? I'm exercising some critical thinking here, no one has proven anything remotely close to a chinese lab released this, no one. 

Showtalk said:

Then they define any dissenters as fraudulent. They cancel anyone who has a different view with facts to prove it. I grew up learning to look at all sides.  That is impossible now when only one side is ever granted credibility, even when they are not.

Facts to prove it? I'm not seeing facts here, I'm seeing a lot of correlation is causation here, but that isn't always true, correlation often isn't causation, but just opinion.

Showtalk
Host

Mar-29

Actually it’s the opposite of insulting. It’s not a criticism, it’s an observation.  You have said a few times if you don’t care for a source, you won’t read it or use it. I’ve noticed a lot of my younger (than me) friends tend to follow your method of getting news.  I just had a disagreement with someone else over news sources.  I believe we can only have full access to critical thinking skills when we have access to all information on all sides.  I could be wrong but that is how I was taught, before things were so polarized and limited by ideology. I prefer to find my own information no matter where it takes me, rather than being limited by mainstream news, where others tend to prefer to let their media select data.  It’s a different attitude toward news and information. 

WALTER784

Mar-30

The_Rock (JABRONI256) said...

this is a bioweapon has to be one of the dumbest ideas I've ever heard, statistics bear it out that this virus while it has killed a lot of people has mostly killed older people, with comorbidities, it doesn't, until the most recent strains target younger people seriously and  we developed a number of vaccines that appear to be very effective, even against the variants by all indications so far, so if it was a weapon of mass destruction it sure failed, I guess the lesson here is don't count on cheap chinese crap, always buy American bioweapons. 

It still can be and is considered a bioweapon.

Think about it, China's current population is 1,443,478,893 and the population of the entire world is 7,794,798,739. (Source: https://www.worldometers.info/world-population/china-population/)

Who's to say they're looking for mass destruction of all life? The elderly usually require the most medical attention. Thus if the elderly were mainly killed off, it would reduce the burdens of numerous countries around the world.

Thus it can still be considered a bioweapon, but mainly poised to take out the elderly and those with underlying conditions.

That would reduce a large majority of the world populace.

So far, the COVID counted deaths are 2,804,662 (Source: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/).

Just under 3 Million around the world.

As for the source, I posted two sources which said the same thing, one of them a UK site as well. If you don't like my sources, either prove my sources wrong or go out and find your own sources... I'm not going to go around looking for ones you like.

And who knows... maybe it escaped before the perfected it... I don't think anybody would could answer that would!

FWIW

WALTER784

Mar-30

Showtalk said...

Didn’t we already know that?

There were initially preliminary facts which pointed in that direction, but now with both Australia, Germany and other countries verifying the same, it's not just preliminary facts, but final findings.

FWIW