Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Are you in favor of vaccination passports?   The Healthy You: Health and Fitness Polls

Started Mar-29 by Showtalk; 1132 views.
Showtalk

Poll Question From Showtalk

Mar-29

Are you in favor of vaccination passports?
  • Yes, I think it's necessary and will feel safer5  votes
    25%
  • Yes, but only for venues where people are packed together2  votes
    10%
  • No, it's too intrusive and not necessary10  votes
    50%
  • I'm not sure0  votes
    0%
  • I refuse to get one3  votes
    15%
  • Other0  votes
    0%
Yes, I think it's necessary and will feel safer 
Yes, but only for venues where people are packed together 
No, it's too intrusive and not necessary 
I'm not sure 
I refuse to get one 
Other 
In reply toRe: msg 1
Showtalk
Host

Mar-29

In reply toRe: msg 2
Showtalk
Host

Mar-29

The_Rock (JABRONI256)

Mar-29

Voted yes, but not because I think it will make people feel safer, they might but I think the vaccine passport is inevitable at this point, how long it stays in place is another matter entirely. 

Showtalk
Host

Mar-29

I think just the opposite.  That they will have all kinds of disagreements on setting them up since each state is different, but once it’s in place, it might last.  But you could be right. Our country and yours may use different methods. I’m still not sure if a vaccine is required or a negative covid test. If they use test data, what if someone is exposed after the test?

WALTER784

Mar-30

I voted no.

Right now, for those who have gotten the vaccination, only the place where you got it has your information unless they've been required to pass that info to state. Even if state has that info, do they they will share it with the other 49 states or with the federal government? Most states only report number of vaccinated and not individual data about who got it.

Then you have some states pushing for it while others are pushing against it. So in the end, some states will have personal information while other states will not. New York seems to be for it where as Florida is against it.

Once you get it in electronic passport form, that data is in a database and databases can and do get hacked, thus that information can be made privy to hackers and whom ever is the highest bidder to purchase that information.

Is it required? I think not. It's just one more way the government wants to control you!

Well, some draconian states will want to limit who can access what... you cannot enter a theater, restaurant, fair grounds, government building unless you show your passport. Then the theater, restaurant, fair grounds, government building staff, etc. will all be privy to your electronic passport!

Therefore I'm against it. It's unnecessary.

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Mar-30

It’s just for one vaccine.  I’m not against it.

WALTER784

Mar-30

Showtalk said...

It’s just for one vaccine.  I’m not against it.

That's how it always starts. Then later on, they say you need to add this vaccine, that vaccine, this doctor visit, that dentist visit, etc. like a snowball rolling downhill. It's always JUST one... to get their foot in the door. Once regulation is passed for that, then they continue to pile up many things which in 5 or 10 years you WOULD disapprove of.

Likewise, if that database gets stolen and your information is used against you... by not being against it, you have no right to complain if your information gets stolen either!!!

Therefore, I'm against it!

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Mar-30

The database would just say yes the person is vaccinated.

WALTER784

Mar-30

Showtalk said...

The database would just say yes the person is vaccinated.

The person... (i.e. name and perhaps address and/or birth date because many people have the same name) and who knows what other info?

The type of vaccination you received, whether you got just one or two shots, the dates you got them, etc.

And who knows what other information might be collected.

FWIW