Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Are you in favor of vaccination passports?   The Healthy You: Health and Fitness Polls

Started Mar-29 by Showtalk; 1428 views.
Clothahump

Apr-11

They're unconstitutional.

Showtalk
Host

Apr-11

Are they? In what way?

WALTER784

Apr-13

Showtalk said...

Are they? In what way?

Quite the contrary...

Where in the Constitution does it state that the Government CAN implement such a vaccination passport?

Bottom line: Nowhere in the Constitution does it grant the government such powers! As such, it's unconstitutional!

The Constitution was written to prevent the Government from infringing upon We The People's rights!

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Apr-13

Look at how well that is working. We’ve given up most of our rights to free movement and to congregate.

WALTER784

Apr-14

Showtalk said...

Look at how well that is working. We’ve given up most of our rights to free movement and to congregate.

We've given them up or have they been draconianly taken away from us by using un-Constitutional laws?

Problem seems to be more persistent in Democrat run states though.

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Apr-14

The whole country has made concessions to covid. Some are more restrictive than others, but everyone has made some changes.  Public cleanliness is a good thing.

Marci (marcinmin)

Apr-25

The constitution doesn’t state the government can require driving tests or licenses or registration, either. The constitution was crafted in order to be flexible with changing times.

Showtalk
Host

Apr-25

Those are state laws, not federal.  People aren’t required to get a license, but they can’t drive without one.

Marci (marcinmin)

Apr-25

Showtalk said...

Those are state laws, not federal.  People aren’t required to get a license, but they can’t drive without one.

The complaints about 'vaccine passports' started when some states, including New York, started issuing passport proof of vaccination and covid tests. The federal government does require passports to travel abroad. It wouldn't surprise me if countries require proof of vaccination for people entering their countries. Texas governor (and other states) issued an order government mandating 'vaccine passports.' They don't specify which branch of government - a solution in search of a problem that is just trying to spread fear. It's a bunch of nonsense trying to call this a violation of the constitution. There are plenty of federal, state and local laws with such requirements.

I doubt there will ever be a federal requirement for vaccine passports, but some government agencies and private companies may require proof of vaccination. There already are company requirements to be tested for COVID and show proof of a negative test. The little white card they fill out at the vaccination site is all I have at this point. I wish I had a digital record that could be stored in my phone. I know that Indiana, for example, sent text message proof of completed vaccination with the dates, the type of vaccine and where it was administered. My sister and bil got one after they had both doses.

WALTER784

Apr-25

Marci (marcinmin) said...

The constitution doesn’t state the government can require driving tests or licenses or registration, either.

No it wasn't... neither for vaccine ID's, driving tests, driving licenses, hunting licenses, gun licenses, voter ID's etc.

Only those things specified IN the Constitution are granted to the Government. The Constitution was created for We The People... not for our Government. It was however specifically created as it was to limit the powers of our Government against it's citizens. Everything else was granted to the States and not our Government. Thus our States can create their own vaccine IDs if they want, they can create their own driving tests and licenses if they want, they can create their own fishing and gun licenses if they want, but those are all left up to the State... not our Federal Government!

Marci (marcinmin) said...

The constitution was crafted in order to be flexible with changing times.

Absolutely incorrect. Are you even aware of the tedious process required to get our Constitution modified? It's not simple task and it WAS NOT created to be flexible to change with the times!!!

Study your history a little bit more before you reply please!

FWIW