Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Vaccinate people will protect anti vaxxers    The Healthy You: Health and Fitness Polls

Started Apr-2 by Showtalk; 800 views.
Showtalk

Poll Question From Showtalk

Apr-2

Vaccinate people will protect anti vaxxers
  • I agree8  votes
    42%
  • I disagree6  votes
    31%
  • I don't know what you are taking about (see next post)1  vote
    5%
  • Other4  votes
    21%
I agree 
I disagree 
I don't know what you are taking about (see next post) 
Other 
In reply toRe: msg 1
Showtalk
Host

Apr-2

In reply toRe: msg 2
Showtalk
Host

Apr-2

People who refuse to get the vaccine or can’t due to health reasons should thank those who do. Data now shows that those who are vaccinated cannot spread the virus, even if they get it themselves or come into contact with it.  That means everyone benefits.  Even if you don’t want it, you should be very grateful to those people who are protecting you.

• Edited April 2, 2021 9:03 pm  by  Showtalk
WALTER784

Apr-3

Showtalk said...

Even if you don’t want it, you should be very grateful to those people who are protecting you.

Perhaps the 1.8% who might die if they got it should.

But what about the other 98.2% of people who get it with no severe symptoms and over come it?

Should they thank those getting the vaccination too?

And what about those healthy individuals who haven't gotten it yet and may not ever depending on how they live their lives... do they need to thank somebody else because they didn't get it?

I thank God I haven't gotten it yet... so no need to thank other people!

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Apr-3

Yes, they should. It makes no sense to assume that the number of cases going down has no effect at all on you.  If there are fewer people with it, you will very likely never get it because of that.  I hope you don’t get it and if you do, it is mild.  I have heard of dozens of friends or friends of friends, who were seriously ill with it.  One woman may never walk again.  Every single person who got a bad case wishes they had been protected.

It depends on the percentage of the population that is actually vaccinated, as to how many of the anti-vax types really avoid exposure.

The precise number depends on how contagious it really is, and whether the non-vaccinated people mix among vaccinated, or if they mostly self-segregate into unvaccinated cliques, where once someone gets exposed and becomes infected, the disease will again find a ready fuel supply to propagate just like a lit match dropped onto tinder-box dry vegetation on a forest floor on a windy day.

Showtalk
Host

Apr-12

People mix at work and in public, if not in private.  This could be a Spanish flu type situation where it morphed into what is now called influenza.  An endemic.

WALTER784

Apr-13

I saw a TV news report yesterday that stated a Japanese nurse who had been vaccinated with both vaccines, was found to be positive for COVID-19 over a week after her last shot.

Haven't heard much since then though.

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Apr-13

5% failure rate.

WALTER784

Apr-14

Showtalk said...

5% failure rate.

So even getting the vaccination doesn't guarantee you won't get COVID-19 after being vaccinated.

I prefer to not get the vaccination because I'm healthy and as mentioned in another post, healthy people's chances of dying after getting COVID-19 are 0.003%!

FWIW