Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Do you agree with the decision to move Major League Baseball from Atlanta to Den   The Pleasure Seeking You: Entertainment & Sports

Started Apr-6 by Showtalk; 1063 views.
Showtalk

Poll Question From Showtalk

Apr-6

Do you agree with the decision to move Major League Baseball from Atlanta to Denver?
  • Yes, that will show states they can't enact voting laws people don't loke6  votes
    27%
  • No, they moved from a majority Black city to a White city so it's racist1  vote
    4%
  • No, it will cost poor Atlanta area residents their jobs0  votes
    0%
  • No, it shows players and owners are out of touch with real Americans3  votes
    13%
  • 2 and 30  votes
    0%
  • 3 and 41  vote
    4%
  • 2 and 40  votes
    0%
  • 2, 3, and 49  votes
    40%
  • I don't follow major league baseball and don't care0  votes
    0%
  • I don't know0  votes
    0%
  • Other2  votes
    9%
Yes, that will show states they can't enact voting laws people don't loke 
No, they moved from a majority Black city to a White city so it's racist 
No, it will cost poor Atlanta area residents their jobs 
No, it shows players and owners are out of touch with real Americans 
2 and 3 
3 and 4 
2 and 4 
2, 3, and 4 
I don't follow major league baseball and don't care 
I don't know 
Other 
In reply toRe: msg 1
Showtalk
Host

Apr-6

In reply toRe: msg 2
Showtalk
Host

Apr-6

In reply toRe: msg 1
Showtalk
Host

Apr-6

In reply toRe: msg 4
Showtalk
Host

Apr-6

In reply toRe: msg 2
Showtalk
Host

Apr-6

The_Rock (JABRONI256)

Apr-6

1. But not for exactly that reason, I think sponsors and events bailing over something like this or any controversy is pretty standard, but I’ll concede this one is a doozy.

Showtalk
Host

Apr-6

And I have a typo even after reading it over.  In the last people just dealt with things they didn't like, but now it seems like everything is an issue and everything must cause businesses to react.  The sad thing is the Black players with multimillion dollar contracts who pushed for this, just cost close to $200,000 million in jobs and income to the region by leaving.  All the small businesses that cater to the games will be lost. Who do they think owns those businesses?

The_Rock (JABRONI256)

Apr-6

I guess it depends, yes at the bottom end of the rung you'll have people hurt by this, but perhaps they understand and even approve? I don't know but it seems to me it's republicans complaining about this, I don't hear much complaining from anyone else. Sometimes you need to do hard things to push back against an agenda that will ultimately silence a large chunk of people by race.

WALTER784

Apr-7

It cost Atlanta, it's citizens and corporations $100 Million in losses due to the move...

Major League Baseball is moving its All-Star Game from Atlanta in response to a recently passed voting reform law in Georgia, ESPN reports.

Last month, Major League Baseball Players Association President Tony Clark said that his union members wanted to relocate the game after Georgia passed the voter reform bill.

“Players are very much aware” of the Georgia voting bill, Clark told the Boston Globe. “As it relates to the All-Star Game, we have not had a conversation with the league on that issue – if there is an opportunity to, we would look forward to having that conversation.”

There had been reports that MLB might choose to use the Atlanta-based All-Star Game as a platform for social justice in response to the voter reform bill. However, apparently, those plans changed.

Notably, MLB’s decision to move the game flies in the face of the advice given by 2018 failed Democratic gubernatorial candidate Stacey Abrams, who advised against relocating the game due to the economic damage it could do to “voters of color.”

MLB has not yet said where this year’s All-Star Game will take place.

But what I find most interesting is:

MLB requires photo ID to pick up tickets from Will Call, but boycotts Georgia for voter ID law

The league did not respond to multiple requests for an explanation of its photo ID policy for ticket retrieval.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/mlb-photo-id-tickets-georgia-voter-law

FWIW