Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Should cities have strict curfews for teens under age 18?   The Serious You: How Current Events Affect You

Started Apr-15 by Showtalk; 439 views.
Showtalk

Poll Question From Showtalk

Apr-15

Should cities have strict curfews for teens under age 18?
  • Yes6  votes
    40%
  • They should loosen curfews after age 166  votes
    40%
  • No3  votes
    20%
  • Other, please explain0  votes
    0%
Yes 
They should loosen curfews after age 16 
No 
Other, please explain 
In reply toRe: msg 1
Showtalk
Host

Apr-15

Adam Toledo, a 13 year old boy was shot by a police officer after dropping a gun in an alleyway at 2:30 in the morning.  His mother reported him missing two days later, then rescinded that, and finally identified his body.  I’ve seen many news articles and all blame the police officer for killing an unarmed teen. The court will figure that one out.  I didn’t see one article that blames his mother. Why was a 13 year old child hanging out with a 21 year old criminal in the middle of the night?  Why isn’t anyone talking about that?

In reply toRe: msg 2
Showtalk
Host

Apr-15

I kept looking and found this.

The_Rock (JABRONI256)

Apr-15

Curfews should be enforced by parents is the long and short of it, plus the teaching of common sense not to be out in the middle of the night in an obviously dangerous part of town.

Showtalk
Host

Apr-15

Well, to be fair, they live in a dangerous part of the city, so he was in his own neighborhood. But he should have been safe inside, not running around outside with a gun.  Until they start jailing parents for neglect this will keep happening.

The_Rock (JABRONI256)

Apr-15

I mean that more generally, that kid having a gun was not a super bright idea. This walking in a bad area at 1am-4:30am is a big cause of assaults and murders where I am, I don’t leave my house after 8pm exactly for this reason, common sense.

Showtalk
Host

Apr-16

In this case, the police are getting all the blame from the media.  It must be challenging not to ever go out after dark.

The_Rock (JABRONI256)

Apr-16

Showtalk said:

It must be challenging not to ever go out after dark.

Not really, especially during Covid, where would I go? I purposefully schedule my work hours for mornings into afternoons ending at around 5/5:30 so I'm home and then I kinda just stay in for the most part.

Showtalk
Host

Apr-16

Oh you’re right. I don’t go much of anywhere late either since Covid.

The_Rock (JABRONI256)

Apr-16

Don't get me wrong, if I lived in a better part of town, sure I'd chance an evening stroll more often than I do, or if I lived in Vancouver or Toronto I'd feel more comfortable. Funny story, sort of...I was in Van in 2012 over reading week and as I normally do I took a stroll down East Hastings through Canada's poorest postal code and largest open air drug market, I felt safer there than in my own neighbourhood in Winnipeg and that's saying something as a black transvestite in a leopard print jumper threatened to stab me for looking in her direction as I passed her at Main and Hastings.