Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Should the jury have been sequestered in the Chauvin trial?   The Serious You: How Current Events Affect You

Started Apr-20 by Showtalk; 2458 views.
WALTER784

Apr-22

The_Rock (JABRONI256) said...

I believe I referenced Waters earlier re: her comments being potential grounds for appeal. I despise Alan Dershowitz though, not only because of his Trump leanings but going all the way back to helping the OJ defence subvert the course of Justice.

Regardless of what you think about Dershowitz, the fact is that Waters did incite violence... Which Dershowitz agrees with. This is the same from McCarthy.

McCarthy: Maxine Waters 'finds value in violence'; Democrats must censure or 'own' her, Tlaib's statements

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mccarthy-maxine-waters-finds-value-in-violence-democrats-will-own-hers-tlaibs-radical-statements

And then there's McClain claiming the same thing that Dershowitz said:

Rep. McClain slams Pelosi, Democrat ‘double standards’ on Maxine Waters

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/lisa-mcclain-pelosi-double-standard-maxine-waters

And then there's Lei Terrell claiming the same thing that Derschowitz said:

Leo Terrell blasts Maxine Waters: She gave 'OK' for riots after Chauvin trial

https://www.foxnews.com/media/maxine-waters-leo-terrell-chauvin-trial

And then you have all House republicans saying the same thing as Derschowitz.

House Republicans prepare to introduce resolution to censure Maxine Waters

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/house-republicans-prepare-introduce-resolution-to-censure-maxine-waters

So if you want to discredit Dershowitz... then you'll also have to discredit all the others saying the exact same thing as he did.

FWIW

The_Rock (JABRONI256)

Apr-22

I agree to a point, I think Waters did encourage in fact outright suggested a more confrontational approach, although the word confrontational I think can be taken in all sorts of different contexts and falls well short of violence, still any number of people may have interpreted it that way in any case.

Showtalk
Host

Apr-22

It doesn’t make his comments wrong.  In fact, he summarized what everyone else is saying very nicely which is why I used the article.  I went back and saw your post about the politician.  Sje wasnt eh only one. The president also said they needed to convict.  Why anyone didn’t stop him from saying that is a puzzle.  His speeches are all prewritten.

Showtalk
Host

Apr-22

She doesn’t make mistakes. She knew exactly what she was doing. They expected an acquittal and wanted to make sure violence followed.  I expected a guilty verdict on at least one charge.  Most people were surprised he was found guilty of all three.

Showtalk
Host

Apr-22

Her party closed ranks and refused to censure.  It’s so obvious thst politics rules the country not what is the right thing to do.

The next step will be trials of the three officers who were with Chauvin and did not stop him. The prosecutor has already said they were not guilty, so it’s going to be difficult to get them on anything.

The_Rock (JABRONI256)

Apr-22

I didn't make any reference to an equivocation on her part, what I'm saying is that what she said can be interpreted in a couple different ways, one of which could be an incitement to violence but also could not be.

The_Rock (JABRONI256)

Apr-22

I didn't say Dershowitz was wrong, I just don't like him and I think his expertise in terms of being accepted as legal theory is suspect because of his prior history, and that's purely a personal opinion.

Showtalk
Host

Apr-22

It was quite obvious based on her past comments what she intended.  She told people to attack people wherever they see them, in restaurants and other public places.

Showtalk
Host

Apr-22

I don’t like him either, but if he says something useful that I can’t find anywhere else without a lot of time spent, I will reference him.  If I only posted comments from people I like, I would not post as much.

The_Rock (JABRONI256)

Apr-22

Please don't misunderstand, this is just my opinion on the guy, he's a legit legal opinion, I just don't like him; has nothing to do with the correctness of posting anything he's featured in.