Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Should the jury have been sequestered in the Chauvin trial?   The Serious You: How Current Events Affect You

Started Apr-20 by Showtalk; 2447 views.
Marci (marcinmin)

Apr-25

Convicted felons can appeal right away but lawyers and courts are involved so it won’t be quick, especially if there are multiple grounds

Marci (marcinmin)

Apr-25

Judges always say you can take it to appeal. That is a standard comment. It doesn’t mean they will or won’t be successful. The fact that he did not rule in favor of mistrial speaks volumes 

Showtalk
Host

Apr-25

And they likely won’t win once it goes to appeal.  Unless something happened that we did not see, the video alone seems like enough to convict him, appeals or not.

Showtalk
Host

Apr-25

I’m relieved it’s over.

Marci (marcinmin)

Apr-25

Showtalk said...

I’m relieved it’s over.

so am I. I did watch major portions of the trial, but am ready to move on

WALTER784

Apr-26

Showtalk said...

This could drag on indefinitely at which point he will be eligible for parole, and then it won’t matter.  Are people guaranteed a swift appeal?

There should be a swift appeal, but I highly doubt there will be. I think they will attempt to delay and block his requests as long as they legally can just to inflict pain on him and his family. Sad, but that's about what it sums up to be.

All we can do is wait and see how awful our current judicial system really is!

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Apr-26

And hope it never happens again to anyone else.

Showtalk
Host

Apr-26

Except it’s hard to even consider that he is not guilty.

WALTER784

Apr-26

Showtalk said...

Except it’s hard to even consider that he is not guilty.

I have only two questions for you.

What is a coroner?

AND

What did the corners report say?

Answer those please!

Then I'll continue this conversation!

FWIW

The_Rock (JABRONI256)

Apr-26

1. A Coroner is a civic employee who in collaboration with pathologists undertake an autopsy, interviews with witnesses and family members and people with other connections to the victim to establish how the victim came to die. 

2. The Coroner's report, lists among other things that he had Covid-19, had meth and fentanyl in his system, consistent with what we know about his life recently, none of these were determined as factors that ultimately caused his death. 

Please, continue the conversation. 

Just to add a link here to Scientific American, which you've cited in other discussions so it's clearly a source you'll take seriously. 

https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/voices/george-floyds-autopsy-and-the-structural-gaslighting-of-america/