Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Costco samples are back. Are you excited?   The Consumer You: Marketplace

Started Apr-30 by Showtalk; 356 views.
Showtalk

Poll Question From Showtalk

Apr-30

Costco samples are back. Are you excited?
  • Yes, I can't wait, even if they are packaged to eat later4  votes
    23%
  • Sure, because I want to go home and cook my own food0  votes
    0%
  • Not really. Samples should be fixed and consumed in the store4  votes
    23%
  • It's just a gimmick2  votes
    11%
  • I don't shop at Costco6  votes
    35%
  • I don't take free samples when offered1  vote
    5%
  • Other0  votes
    0%
Yes, I can't wait, even if they are packaged to eat later 
Sure, because I want to go home and cook my own food 
Not really. Samples should be fixed and consumed in the store 
It's just a gimmick 
I don't shop at Costco 
I don't take free samples when offered 
Other 
The_Rock (JABRONI256)

Apr-30

We have Costco here, regrettably it's very far away from me and I never find myself in the area, never stepping into one, I feel like I'm missing out on a key ingredient of life.

Showtalk
Host

Apr-30

You are missing out on shopping for huge quantities of items you may or may not need.  Costco’s #1 product is toilet paper.  You can save money but if you have to travel to shop there the costs outweigh the benefits in time and money.  The cost of membership if you can go regularly.  I’ve gone so infrequently I thought about giving up membership.

The_Rock (JABRONI256)

Apr-30

All the Costco's in my City, and I think we have three for a population of 800,000 are all on the outskirts of the City, too far for me.

Showtalk
Host

May-1

You would think there would be one in the center. Although people drive 30-45 minutes to find one.

The_Rock (JABRONI256)

May-1

Part of the issue is that I don't drive, but yes I do know people who would happily take a big chunk of their day to do a Costco run, so I don't doubt it.

Marci (marcinmin)

May-1

I was there this week, but didn't see samples, just the displays with the featured items. I used to try some samples, although I'm pretty selective. I have seen some people, usually very young or seniors, just hang around and come back for seconds. Maybe they were hungry or just getting lunch.

I remember Judge Judy telling a story on her show - she won't take her husband to Costco, anymore, because he headed straight for the samples, chatted with the servers & other customers and ate multiple bites. I know they can afford lunch, so I suspect he hated shopping and just like to eat and socialize. She said she won't take him to Costco, anymore.

Showtalk
Host

May-1

Well, that is limiting.  You also wanted want to spend half a day or more shopping at one store.

Showtalk
Host

May-1

I was there too and didn’t see samples.  I think they are starting soon or in limited stores.  They don’t limit numbers so technically a few people can take all the samples with them if they wanted to.  

Costco now checks cards at the door again. They were lax for a while. Non members could come in, eat samples for hours and then leave without buying anything.