Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Landmark Study Finds Masks Are Ineffecti   The Serious You: How Current Events Affect You

Started Apr-30 by WALTER784; 265 views.
WALTER784

Apr-30

Landmark Study Finds Masks Are Ineffective

The first randomized controlled trial of more than 6,000 individuals to assess the effectiveness of surgical face masks against SARS-CoV-2 infection found masks did not statistically significantly reduce the incidence of infection

Watch the videoclip:

https://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2020/12/03/efficacy-of-surgical-masks.aspx

FWIW

Watched the video far enough to get the actual study, that guy is, to me an untrustworthy individual. 

Having read the study, found here:

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33205991/

It's not convincing enough for me and it won't be for any Governments. Also the limitations point which I will quote 

"Inconclusive results, missing data, variable adherence, patient-reported findings on home tests, no blinding, and no assessment of whether masks could decrease disease transmission from mask wearers to others."

Seems to suggest that what the study reportedly studied was very limited in scope. 

The efficacy of masks I do think is debatable but what I do think a mask in conjunction with proper distancing is enough to prevent Covid. What I mean is a standard non medical mask is likely not going to prevent Covid but with distancing you may be at greatly reduced risk, which was the point of mandating them. The other point to consider is if you do catch Covid how much did you inhale, a mask may limit your initial exposure, meaning your symptoms may be less severe, that seems like a decent trade off to me.

So, should it be mandated to wear one outside? Well, no but if for example you're walking in a crowded outdoor market, yes, or playing soccer or some other community game where you will be around numerous people breathing heavily, yes. Walking around and or biking? No.

WALTER784

May-1

The_Rock (JABRONI256) said...

So, should it be mandated to wear one outside? Well, no but if for example you're walking in a crowded outdoor market, yes, or playing soccer or some other community game where you will be around numerous people breathing heavily, yes. Walking around and or biking? No.

On the "should it be mandated"... NO! Inside or outside.

Should it be recommended? YES... especially inside and even outside if not properly socially distanced!

Should people be harassed for not wearing one? NO... harassment is harassment!!!

Should companies turn people away without masks... hmmm... that depends upon their policy and whether they offer masks (free of charge or chargeable for a basic minimum reasonable fee) for those without masks!

FWIW

Dee (DLAINEDEE)

May-1

Since most all videos are banned from youtube, you'll have to watch this video on their site:

In 2008, Dr. Antony Fauci co-wrote a paper with two colleagues explaining that influenza was not the predominant cause of death during the 1918 flu pandemic. This video will show you what he wrote, and that the cause of a rise in infections among mask wearers today matches what Fauci claimed to be the real killer in 1918.

Death by Mask: Mask Wearing, Bacterial Pneumonia Infections, and the 1918 Flu

https://www.bitchute.com/video/ggrlipwu44c9

edited:  It will not make it a clickable link.

Showtalk
Host

May-1

I am on the fence about masks. Once we are vaccinated, they should not be necessary, but the accepted norm by the majority is thst they work and should be worn.  Faucet has bounced all over from initially saying they do nothing to changing his mind following the media request and push for masks.  I think the truth lies somewhere in between.  Wearing masks seems to remind people to distance from people who might have covid.

WALTER784

May-2

The full DNA genetic code has never been isolated is what he talked about in less than the first 1 minute of that video clip.

That's false.

The full genetic code has been isolated and there have been at least 5... perhaps more strains of COVID-19 already discovered.

Since the 1st minute didn't pass muster with me... I'm not going to watch the other 14 minutes worth.

FWIW

WALTER784

May-2

Showtalk said...

Once we are vaccinated, they should not be necessary, but the accepted norm by the majority is thst they work and should be worn.  Faucet has bounced all over from initially saying they do nothing to changing his mind following the media request and push for masks.  I think the truth lies somewhere in between.  Wearing masks seems to remind people to distance from people who might have covid.

We have two confusing conundrums here.

Masks are mandated but they're not 100% protective. Even those who wear masks have become infected.

And then we have the vaccinations. Those whom have been vaccinated should no longer be required to wear a mask after 14 days of getting their 2nd vaccination. But there are those whom have gotten infected again even after getting the vaccination.

And then there are stories about the difference of getting COVID by those who wear masks and those who do not wear masks is only a bismal 0.x%...

Do masks prevent COVID-19 infection? NOPE... they do however reduce... even if only minimally, the possibility of getting it! As such, why the mandate? Government overreach? A very likely possibility.

And those are the facts! If anybody has actual evidence/proof otherwise... I'm all ears!

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

May-2

The question is are we willing to risk that extra amount of exposure by not wearing masks? I don’t know of anyone who loves wearing a mask. It’s harder to communicate. We miss facial signals, sometimes words if people don’t speak clearly, so meaning is lost. They are hot when worn too long. It’s impossible to exercise in them. But the hysteria involving not wearing masks in public is also real.  I watched part of a presidential press conference where he couldn’t find his mask and began to lose it.  It was both comical and frightening to see how distraught he was. I had to stop watching. 

WALTER784

May-3

I think it all boils down to society and people at large.

Japanese government doesn't mandate masks, but does request/recommend we wear them outside when not socially distanced. But there are no mask police or people running around harassing those without masks either. And for the good majority... they all wear masks.

There are a few stores that require masks inside the stores and they'll sell you one for $0.30 at the entrance if you don't have one. But it's not all stores and it's not government pushed.

But when you have a lot of belligerent people en masse... who ignore the recommendations and then the mask police who explode and harass those without masks... then that's yet an entire other societal and people at large problem.

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

May-3

It seems to be cultural.  I’ve heard some states people aren’t wearing masks. Here everyone seems to be indoors as they are required.  I never wear one outdoors unless I know I’m going to be in a crowd.  Whether they work or not, I don’t want to be sneezed on so it seems respectful of others to do what I would want.