Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

NBC won’t air Golden Globes in 2022 for lack of diversity   The Pleasure Seeking You: Entertainment & Sports

Started May-10 by Showtalk; 302 views.
Showtalk

Poll Question From Showtalk

May-10

NBC won't air Golden Globes in 2022 for lack of diversity
  • They made the right decision0  votes
    0%
  • No one is interested in the awards except recipients4  votes
    30%
  • Awards shows in general are not interesting5  votes
    38%
  • Golden Globes should change their practices and become more diverse0  votes
    0%
  • NBC was wrong and should not fall for the propaganda1  vote
    7%
  • 1-4 above1  vote
    7%
  • I don't know enough to make a decision1  vote
    7%
  • Other1  vote
    7%
They made the right decision 
No one is interested in the awards except recipients 
Awards shows in general are not interesting 
Golden Globes should change their practices and become more diverse 
NBC was wrong and should not fall for the propaganda 
1-4 above 
I don't know enough to make a decision 
Other 
In reply toRe: msg 1
Showtalk
Host

May-10

The_Rock (JABRONI256)

May-10

Voted 3, I don't care about award shows but I do think the diversity issue is an interesting one, it's been a complaint about the Oscars for some time as well.

WALTER784

May-10

I voted Other: Who cares what they do?

I never really liked the Emmy's, Grammy's, Golden Globe or any other celebrity award ceremony.

And for the past several years now, they've become so politicized that I despise anything they do and/or stand for.

They're a majority of rich liberals who often make political statements gloating over who's the best this year! (* ROFLMAO *)

I couldn't give a $$$$ whether they were aired or not... I wish they would cease and desist in their political attacks though... otherwise, just cease and desist entirely!

FWIW

Dee (DLAINEDEE)

May-10

Just a bunch of narcissists voting for a bunch of narcissists.

It's insane.  Who cares about diversity?  Only idiots do.  Whoever is the best, regardless of their color or gender, should win.

WALTER784

May-11

Dee (DLAINEDEE) said...

Just a bunch of narcissists voting for a bunch of narcissists.

LOL... I love the way you put that!

And it's right on the mark too!

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

May-11

I hosted an Oscars chat for years. When I started, I was seeing a  lot of movies so it made sense. The last few years I haven’t seen any and suddenly the shows were ridiculously boring.  But I didn’t watch the GG.

Showtalk
Host

May-11

Not just politics, but often so inside an ordinary person wouldn’t get the joke anyway.

Showtalk
Host

May-11

Diversity is about making films that depict the country as it is and offer a variety of stories.  Diversity in the product makes sense.  The reason they want diversity in the people voting for the awards is because they don’t beleive white people (the GG board is all white) can appreciate or understand people of color in projects or ability.  Which in itself insane.  People of any race should be able to appreciate talent wherever it is.   But understand the appearance.

The one thing they never discuss, because it goes to the heart of the TV and film industry, is why so many white actors are Australian, British or even Canadian. Although a Canadian actor doesn’t have an accent to hide.  But U.S. actor apparently aren’t as talented as Australian.  

In reply toRe: msg 9
Showtalk
Host

May-11

List from 2008