Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What does "John has a long mustache" mean? (snp)   The Serious You: How Current Events Affect You

Started 6/5/21 by $1,661.87 in cats (ROCKETMAN_S); 2624 views.
WALTER784

6/7/21

$1,661.87 in cats (ROCKETMAN_S) said...

The chair is against the wall.
John has a long mustache.

That's it... I knew it was something to do with a chair standing against a wall but forgot the actual phrase.

FWIW

I had the movie on VHS and watched it quite a few times until the tape eventually failed.

In reply toRe: msg 7
Showtalk
Host

6/7/21

Biden mentioned Normandy on Memorial Day, but not on the anniversary of D-Day.  This is not a political post but a comparison.  Bush, Obama and Trump all remembered the day in their speeches.  Did her forget or did he not care?

In reply toRe: msg 9
Showtalk
Host

6/7/21

Democratic Party President Roosevelt not only thought of the military but prayed for them on the actual D - Day. Would a president today pray? They would have to remember it first.

WALTER784

6/7/21

I think the article was correct... it was purposefully omitted/ignored... and it is very reprehensible as Commander In Chief!

He reads what's up on his teleprompter. So the script writer is partially to blame. But then again, if he were a true politician, he should have known to give speeches on commemorative days... especially D-Day, so he cannot be held irresponsible either.

As for other political planners... hmmmm... many of the higher ups in the White House also should have been called out. You cannot call this just Biden's mistake... his staff are their 24/7 to inform him, advise him and assist him however possible.

It's terrible that it was omitted this year... unforgivable!

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

6/7/21

The press sec. also omitted it.  I don’t think his memory is that sharp anymore.

WALTER784

6/8/21

Showtalk said...

The press sec. also omitted it.  I don’t think his memory is that sharp anymore.

No his memory is not sharp anymore.

But that's not the real reason.

His staff also know that his memory is not as sharp, so they should have written it into the script on the teleprompter for him to read. So they are more so at fault than he himself.

And yes... Press Sec. should have been all over other staff supporting him to find out and report about his speech.

But regardless, purposeful or mistakenly omitted... it was still omitted and disgraceful if you ask me.

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

6/8/21

It could have been intentional.

WALTER784

6/9/21

Showtalk said...

It could have been intentional.

Intentional would have been even more demeaning.

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

6/9/21

Unless demeaning them and changing the past was the point.