Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Do you side with the NCAA business model or the players?   The Pleasure Seeking You: Entertainment & Sports

Started Jun-21 by Showtalk; 4544 views.
WALTER784

Jun-25

I've stopped watching ALL sports due to the kneeling and disrespecting of our Anthem and our Flag.

I've stopped watching the Emmy's, the Grammy's, the Golden Globe, the... ahhh you know the rest of them because they poured their hatred out on last POTUS.

I don't even listen to any liberal news media channel any more because of all the fake news and lies.

I've stopped buying brands from corporations who's CEO's are stupid enough to bring politics into their companies.

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Jun-25

I stopped watching awards shows when they stopped honoring the best and started choosing based on politics or for social reasons.

WALTER784

Jun-25

Showtalk said...

stopped honoring the best and started choosing based on politics or for social reasons.

Yep... just one more form of politicization.

FWIW

Showtalk said:

They have ruined entertainment in the process. Novels must contain socially relevant phrases even if they don’t fit. Television shows all covered new realities, even when they had little to do with the ongoing storylines. The Olympics are going to be fully of political references and commentary even though they aren’t supposed to be.

I have stopped consuming any of the entertainment that has been released within the past decade or so. That is one of the reasons I never bothered to get the antenna set up again. There's no way I'd watch an Emmys or a Golden Globes or a Grammys, and finally enough time has passed that I don't recognize the name of any of the younger starlets, athletes, and such.

At least I voted with my wallet. I haven't spent a dollar on the entertainment industry in quite some time.

Showtalk
Host

Jul-20

I watch TV but have become much more selective than I was before.  I used to see one movie a week, either in the theater or on DVD. Now I haven’t gone to a movie in years.

WALTER784

Jul-20

Showtalk said...

I watch TV but have become much more selective than I was before.

After I got out of school, I've never really been a TV watcher. My wife has several programs she watches and I've become accustomed to watching them with her, but if she's not around... I don't turn the TV on.

Showtalk said...

I used to see one movie a week, either in the theater or on DVD. Now I haven’t gone to a movie in years.

I've only been to a total of two movie theaters in the past 44 years and the last time I went to one was more than 30 years ago.

Movies on video cassette tapes or more recently DVD's... I'll watch occasionally, but not really that regularly.

FWIW

Showtalk said:

Now I haven’t gone to a movie in years.

I don't think I've been to a movie in a theater since maybe 2002 or 2003. And haven't bought any DVDs in at least 7 to 10 years, and never did get NetFlix or anything like that. So I haven't seen anything that wasn't free for around a decade or so.

Showtalk
Host

Jul-21

Movies changed a lot in the last 15 years.

Showtalk
Host

Jul-21

First movie ticket prices went way up. I used to pay no more than $5 a ticket. Then it jumped up to $13 with no discount for days or times.  Matinees used to be very inexpensive.  Then content changed

WALTER784

Jul-21

Showtalk said...

Movies changed a lot in the last 15 years.

Yes, but most of the DVDs I rent are old ones I've never seen before.

And of the few of the newer ones I did rent, I wished I hadn't.

In my era, we had super heros like Batman, Superman, Fantastic Four, etc. They were all fighting the evil doers. But one I rented showed two of the super heros I used to watch battling it out against each other and that just tied my stomach in knots and I just couldn't get over it.

FWIW