Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Should our desert communities make water from air?   The Consumer You: Marketplace

Started Jun-30 by Showtalk; 9215 views.

and the fecal matter is still hitting the air impeller. Claims are going to be tied up in court for a very long time.

And now with Delta variant Covid sweeping through the state due to too-lax protocols that could have gotten ahead of it, things are likely to take even longer to be resolved.

A friend of mine who is fully vaccinated is getting over a breakthrough infection right now. He thinks he caught it getting a snack at a "stop and rob" (convenience store) last week, probably from one of the dozens of unmasked, unvaccinated people packed into the store.

The doctors told him he's lucky. As ill as he became, a full 3 months after full vaccination, they say he probably would have been on a ventilator or in the morgue by now if not vaccinated.

I did mention my sister found out she had an asymptomatic case of breakthrough covid, also the Delta variant (they are doing a lot more genome sequencing in New Mexico than in Texas).

So far I haven't noticed any symptoms or other reason to get tested, but we have a huge outbreak of Delta among the unvaccinated. As my friend who is recovering from it says, they play stupid games, they win stupid prizes. He is staying put and well isolated, because evidently if you get a breakthrough infection of Delta variant, you are still going to be infectious.

The actual breakthrough infection rate is suspected at a couple of percent or so, but that can vary by quite a bit, and of course the actual statistics are only knowable after the fact from known cases, which may modify early extrapolations. It's really a matter of trying to get into the ballpark as to risk factors and severity from a handful of data points, and those numbers get fleshed out better as cases rise.

So my suspicion is the fully vaccinated breakthrough rate with Delta might be as high as 10% if you're exposed to it, because Delta is much, much more contagious than the original, and evidently an unvaccinated individual who catches Delta may have a viral load up to a thousand times higher than the previous strains.

WALTER784

Aug-5

$1,661.87 in cats (ROCKETMAN_S) said...

A friend of mine who is fully vaccinated is getting over a breakthrough infection right now. He thinks he caught it getting a snack at a "stop and rob" (convenience store) last week, probably from one of the dozens of unmasked, unvaccinated people packed into the store.

Trying to pin the blame on the unvaccinated and unmasks is not working as well today as it used to.

Recently, many studies have shown that those who are already vaxed and have been infected are also spreading the new Delta variant as quickly if not even quicker than the unvaccinated people. That was from a city which had over 70% of the people vaccinated. 

Likewise, older information said that those who were vaccinated wouldn't get the severe after effects if they got infected, but that too is proving to be untrue as a good majority of those whom are in intensive care now ARE those whom have been vaccinated.

So now, you need to get the vaccination to keep from getting it but you get the Delta variant anyway.

And, if you get the vaccination, it will prevent you from getting the really adverse effects and you will only have mild effects, but recent data has also proven that false too.

But all along... they keep pushing this vaccination which doesn't prevent you from getting the virus nor does it stave off the adverse effects!!!

Tell me now... where is the science in this? It sounds only like political science without any proof.

You're likely to get COVID regardless of whether you've been vaccinated or not.

You're gonna be a COVID spreader if you get it regardless of whether you've been vaccinated or not.

And you may experience the same adverse effects regardless of whether you've been vaccinated or not.

Bottom line: Getting vaccinated doesn't really help much at all! And those are the facts.

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Aug-5

That is not completely true.  Everyone has an angle.  Yes, vaccines aren’t 100% or foolproof but it’s still a small percentage and the cases are mild.  I know of four people who got Covid after vaccination.  They got over it very quickly. I know two in their 20s who got Covid twice.  They were not vaccinated since they had it once, but they got the variant.  The doctor told them they are likely now highly immune to future cases.

I saw a young adult I know who had Covid for 5 weeks 17 months ago and still has health problems.  This person got vaccinated, and said it’s a terrible disease that no one should ever want to get.

WALTER784

Aug-6

Showtalk said...

Yes, vaccines aren’t 100% or foolproof but it’s still a small percentage and the cases are mild.  I know of four people who got Covid after vaccination.  They got over it very quickly. I know two in their 20s who got Covid twice.  They were not vaccinated since they had it once, but they got the variant.  The doctor told them they are likely now highly immune to future cases.

So per Fauci's science... even though they've had COVID twice... and the doctor told them they are likely now highly immune to future cases... they should get the vaccination... and the vaxers will still push them to get vaxed and bad-mouth and dox them if they don't!!! Go figure. What ever happened to our freedom of choice?

BTW... Did you know that getting a vaccination passport is suppressive and discriminatory?

Showtalk said...

I saw a young adult I know who had Covid for 5 weeks 17 months ago and still has health problems.  This person got vaccinated, and said it’s a terrible disease that no one should ever want to get.

Yes, there are a few cases like that but they are rare.

Showtalk said...

That is not completely true.

It was true in each and every locale where those statistics were collected. It may not be that way in all locales, but it was for those which the report was made.

Showtalk said...

Everyone has an angle.

Yes, except nobody on the left wants to except my angle that I don't need the vaccination... even though it's my angle and my freedom of choice! However, most people on the right feel that it should be my choice whether to get vaccinated or not. And it's only the left who send hate speech for those who don't want to get vaccinated. Those on the right don't send hate speech for either those who want to get vaccinated, have already gotten vaccinated or for those who don't want to get vaccinated!

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Aug-6

There should be exceptions for people who have had covid twice. Again, they need a way to test for antibodies.  Wouldn’t you want to know if you have them?

WALTER784

Aug-6

Showtalk said...

Again, they need a way to test for antibodies.  Wouldn’t you want to know if you have them?

If there were a way to test for antibodies... yes... but there is no way to test for that now.

They can only test if you are positive... with a lot of false positives and whether you've had it in the past... and not really sure whether that's accurate either.

As such... I'm not interested in them jabbing me with anything until a proven way has been confirmed.

Showtalk said...

There should be exceptions for people who have had covid twice.

There should also be exceptions for those who don't want the vaccination... for what ever reason... religious, medical or otherwise!

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Aug-6

Actually I know several people who had antibody tests so I’m not sure why you say there aren’t any.

WALTER784 said:

Tell me now... where is the science in this? It sounds only like political science without any proof. You're likely to get COVID regardless of whether you've been vaccinated or not. You're gonna be a COVID spreader if you get it regardless of whether you've been vaccinated or not.

Infection severity and likelihood vs vaccination status are coming from doctors working the ICUs and local hospitals. At ORMC in Odessa, Texas, they have had zero admissions among those who are vaccinated. Every single one as of last week was unvaccinated.

Numbers are similar at Midland Memorial Hospital, but with one.

The friend of mine with the breakthrough infection said they said he's pretty much over it, but he gets to stay home for another couple of weeks and then get a PCR test done to see if he's still infectious. And they did sequence his case and confirmed it's the Delta variant.

There probably are a few percent of the vaccinated who got breakthrough infections that are asymptomatic, and the lion's share of those are the Delta variant, where the time and effort was done to actually sequence their viral sample.

Most who are vaccinated and don't get a massive load of exposure, don't develop Covid. But it's like wearing a rain coat. It might keep you dry in a normal rainstorm. If you are hit with a hurricane force wind and rain falling at a foot per minute, you're gonna get wet. If you are vaccinated but go to that packed concert, you have a much greater chance of getting exposed to enough virus to break through the defenses.

Sort of like in a war. A few Nazi troops going up against a whole division of Allies are not going to be a problem. But then you have a huge push, and you might have a Battle of the Bulge. It takes a lot more to fight the invasion back.

Showtalk said:

I saw a young adult I know who had Covid for 5 weeks 17 months ago and still has health problems. This person got vaccinated, and said it’s a terrible disease that no one should ever want to get.

Probably those who have had the disease and then gotten vaccinated, have had their immune system primed an extra bit for any future exposure. No one really knows how long vaccination or even having had the disease conveys immunity or reduced susceptibility, but compared to various other disease histories in the past, it's pretty effective, with far lower risks from vaccine reactions than many others in the past.

The actual vaccine is just a masquerade protein spike patterned after the virus. A doctor here compared it much to the "wanted" posters on the post office walls in the old days - to prime people to be on the lookout for the bad guys - or the enemy aircraft and ship identification silhouette books issued to troops, so they can man the guns more quickly when something is spotted on the horizon, and thus be ready with them in their sights, and able to open fire before they can inflict too much damage.

WALTER784

Aug-6

Antibody tests offered today only test for 1 single COVID germ within your entire body. 1 single germ could have been inhaled, but never infected you what so ever... but that 1 single germ itself is detected and thus they say you've had COVID in the past.

They don't know how many parts per hundred or per thousand or per million germs are in your body. They also don't know what the average number of germs are for one is actually affected... (i.e. not just 1 single germ, but a quorum of xxx COVID germs before one actually shows symptoms). 

So yes and no... they can test for either positive or negative... but that positive doesn't mean that you've had COVID and gotten over it... it just means that they've diagnosed at least 1 (or perhaps more) COVID germs in your body but even then, they cannot tell you how many COVID germs they're detected. Only whether you had it in your body in the past or not.

That is not a REAL antibody test.

FWIW