Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Missouri woman didn't want COVID-19 vaccine. She caught Delta variant and died.   The Serious You: How Current Events Affect You

Started Jul-5 by $1,661.87 in cats (ROCKETMAN_S); 4276 views.

Gambled "all-in" and lost big. Oops.

https://news.yahoo.com/missouri-woman-didnt-want-covid-144312388.html

A Missouri woman who refused to get a COVID-19 vaccine because she was afraid of its side effects died in hospital last month after contracting the Delta variant, her mother told local news outlets.

Tricia Jones from Missouri was "freaked out" by the possible side effects of the COVID-19 vaccine, her mother told local media.

Showtalk
Host

Jul-6

There goes the idea that the variant is less dangerous, too.

Dee (DLAINEDEE)

Jul-6

So one person out of 350 million die, we should shut down the economy and lock ourselves in our homes for another year?  Let's wear 5 masks, why not 10?  Every one of the real experts has already said this new variant, mutant, is coming from those that TOOK the vaccine, not those that didn't.  So this tells me she caught it from her family members that took it.

Showtalk
Host

Jul-6

You have no idea where she got it, she did not get it from vaccinated people. That is not where it’s coming from.

yeah - all the variants are dangerous. The odds are very high she would still be alive if she hadn't decided against the vaccine.

Of course nothing is 100%. There will be a few breakthrough infections where someone gets the virus even after having been vaccinated, just because everyone's immune system is different, but the key there is "a few".

The disinformation silos and propaganda echo chambers within social media, however, tend to help amplify the paranoid schizophrenic delusions of a few as if mental illness has somehow morphed into a contagion.

"a few breakthrough cases" does not mean "it doesn't work". But sadly far too many people do not understand statistics, and likely never will. Instead, ignorance and superstition are gaining the upper hand and likely will be the ultimate driving force of the implosion of civilization.

Dee (DLAINEDEE) said:

So this tells me she caught it from her family members that took it.

Most likely she caught it from some unvaccinated person's droplets (or their shrieking demon-spawn's droplets) sprayed all over at the WalMart or Target.

There's more than enough unvaccinated people still running around vying for a Darwin Award to have caught it from.

https://persimew.wordpress.com/2021/02/10/coronavirus-vaccination-and-the-darwin-awards/

https://www.inverse.com/culture/covid-19-survival-of-the-fittest

Showtalk
Host

Jul-7

I just heard of someone who got the virus while fully vaccinated, but it might have been much worse if they were not. Also, vaccination does t mean fully immune.  Each body reacts differently.  I may have posted I spoke to a real medical researcher who tested his own blood and found 100% immunity.  So a majority are probably fully immune, at least until a booster is needed.

Showtalk
Host

Jul-7

Missouri has very low vaccination rates.

Showtalk said:

Each body reacts differently. I may have posted I spoke to a real medical researcher who tested his own blood and found 100% immunity. So a majority are probably fully immune, at least until a booster is needed.

Yep.

Immunity rises sharply immediately after vaccination, and peaks a few days to weeks afterwards. Then it slowly decays over time.

Eventually the immune response falls below the threshold to become unable to be infected at a high viral exposure, then we need a booster to finally re-stimulate the immune system, because it's like a garrison duty where when the enemy does not appear, the soldiers become less and less ready for the attack when it comes.

A booster shot is like a new feint attack, which looks like the real thing, to mobilize the troops and give them appropriate targets for live-fire practice that look exactly like an enemy invasion.

Showtalk said:

Missouri has very low vaccination rates.

Missouri is also way behind on a lot of other things from the perspective of the modern world.

It's not surprising to read that they have low vaccination rates.