Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Napa doctor faked COVID-19 vaccines, vac   The Serious You: How Current Events Affect You

Started Jul-16 by WALTER784; 4514 views.
WALTER784

Jul-16

Napa doctor faked COVID-19 vaccines, vaccine cards, DOJ says

NAPA, Calif. —
A Napa doctor has been arrested on suspicion of providing fake COVID-19 vaccination cards and so-called immunization pills, federal prosecutors said Wednesday.

The case is the first federal criminal fraud prosecution in the U.S. related to homeoprophylaxis immunizations and fraudulent Centers for Disease Control and Prevention COVID-19 vaccination record cards, according to the U.S. Department of Justice.

Federal agents were seen Wednesday removing boxes and sifting through the home of licensed homeopathic doctor Juli A. Mazi, 41. She's accused of providing COVID-19 vaccination record cards to patients and instructing them on how to fill them out to make it appear they'd received the Moderna vaccine, according to the DOJ.

Mazi is also accused of selling her patients what she called "immunization pellets" that she said contained small amounts of COVID-19. She falsely claimed the pills would give people immunity from the coronavirus, according to the DOJ.

https://www.kcra.com/article/napa-doctor-faked-covid-19-vaccines-vaccine-cards-doj-says/37035277#

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Jul-16

I can’t figure out who is more stupid, the doctor who thought she could get away with it or the patients who wanted to believe something they knew was impossible. I thought it took intelligence to become an MD.

WALTER784

Jul-16

Showtalk said...

I can’t figure out who is more stupid, the doctor who thought she could get away with it or the patients who wanted to believe something they knew was impossible.

I would say both.

Showtalk said...

I thought it took intelligence to become an MD.

Today, all it takes is the right connection and right amount of money.

She probably got her MD that way and similarly decided to make a profit off of it herself too!

Edited to add: [California does seem to have a good bit of crazies too!]

FWIW

• Edited July 16, 2021 10:46 pm  by  WALTER784
Showtalk
Host

Jul-17

All states have their share of crazies.  CA nuts make the news more often.

Showtalk said:

All states have their share of crazies. CA nuts make the news more often.

The district attorney who prosecuted Charles Manson said that is the "Continental Slope Theory". When anything shakes up the country, all the loose nuts rattle down to the Left Coast.

There has seemed to be a disproportionate number of crazies in California compared to any other state.

Showtalk
Host

Jul-17

I don’t know, some of the other states have crazies that are “normal” for those states.  One area’s crazy is standard somewhere else.  You get used to who and what is around you.

Alfi (THIALFI)

Jul-17

Inevitable, though not necessarily by a doctor. More coming, as various government entities continue encroaching on people's lives. The fake IDs of our youth have given birth.

Showtalk
Host

Jul-18

That is scary. You heard about the idea of giving med school admission to students based on grades and experience in social sciences rather than hard science?

Showtalk said:

some of the other states have crazies that are “normal” for those states. One area’s crazy is standard somewhere else.

Like there are a whole other kind of crazy you'll find in a WalMart in Alabama versus at an upscale boutique in Silicon Valley, which is different from South Florida kind of crazy.

Showtalk
Host

Jul-19

I’m sure there is.  A friend moved to Texas and said things that seem really strange to her are just normal.  People here don’t drive with shotguns visible in their trucks.