Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Mexican Sunblock...   The Jovial You: Humor, Jokes and Riddles

Started Jul-23 by WALTER784; 1555 views.
WALTER784

Jul-25

They say a picture is worth a thousand words... I guess this is one of them!

FWIW

Yeah. Thing is, the other 17 square feet of skin are gonna get burnt and maybe develop malignant melanoma.

WALTER784

Jul-26

$1,661.87 in cats (ROCKETMAN_S) said...

Thing is, the other 17 square feet of skin are gonna get burnt and maybe develop malignant melanoma.

If sun causes malignant melanoma... my entire body should be completely malignant!

Born and raised in Central Florida... I walked barefoot most of the time until age 18 and topless around the house and all day at the beach 3 or more times a week. Since moving to Japan, I also stay outside quite a bit surfing, deep sea fishing, etc. where I get pounded by the sun quite a bit too.

But even after 57 or more years of being out in the sun, no melanoma what so ever!

I think that may just be another hoax that the sun screen/sun blocking companies have used as a marketing ploy to sell all of their products whether they be creams, oils, clothing or what ever!

How do you think those working out on the range in the old west did things? No air conditioning, out on horseback quite a bit of the day. And then you have the American Indians too who were outside most of the day.

FWIW

WALTER784 said:

How do you think those working out on the range in the old west did things? No air conditioning, out on horseback quite a bit of the day. And then you have the American Indians too who were outside most of the day.

and most of them barely lived beyond their 30s anyway, from just about everything.

Showtalk
Host

Aug-11

Then what causes it?

WALTER784

Aug-12

Melanoma is a type of skin cancer that occurs when pigment producing cells called melanocytes mutate and begin to divide uncontrollably. Most pigment cells develop in the skin.

Melanoma: Stages, types, causes, and pictures (medicalnewstoday.com)

Familial (inherited) melanomas most often have changes in tumor suppressor genes such as CDKN2A (also known as p16) and CDK4 that prevent them from doing their normal job of controlling cell growth. This could eventually lead to cancer. Many other gene changes have been found in melanoma cells as well.

What Causes Melanoma? | Causes of Melanoma Skin Cancer

UV can turn melanoma cells cancerous, but not all skin spots are melanoma.

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Aug-12

I always thought sun exposure was the greater risk factor.  On another side, though, excessive sun exposure can cause premature wrinkling.

WALTER784

Aug-12

Showtalk said...

I always thought sun exposure was the greater risk factor.

That's what they want you to think.

Do you know how many billions of dollars of sun screen lotion, sun block creams, sun block clothing and umbrellas, etc. have been sold on that falsely created narrative of a factor?

While others in the UV tanning business make millions more!!!

Showtalk said...

On another side, though, excessive sun exposure can cause premature wrinkling.

But premature wrinkling doesn't kill you... it just makes you want to buy their wrinkle-out anti-aging salves and creams!!! (* CHUCKLE *)

A billion dollar marketing ploy that everybody (except me and those in the know) falls for.

FWIW