Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Do you agree with Simone Biles’ choice?   The Pleasure Seeking You: Entertainment & Sports

Started Jul-28 by Showtalk; 669 views.
Showtalk

Poll Question From Showtalk

Jul-28

Do you agree with Simone Bile's decision at the Tokyo Olympics?
  • Yes, her mental health is more important than the competition11  votes
    55%
  • No, she let her teammates and fans down2  votes
    10%
  • She should have dropped out before the games started3  votes
    15%
  • What did she do?0  votes
    0%
  • I don't care about the Olympics or gymnastics2  votes
    10%
  • Other2  votes
    10%
Yes, her mental health is more important than the competition 
No, she let her teammates and fans down 
She should have dropped out before the games started 
What did she do? 
I don't care about the Olympics or gymnastics 
Other 
In reply toRe: msg 1
Showtalk
Host

Jul-28

Was there unfair pressure in her to bring home another gold?

Health, whether mental or  physical, is more important then any medal.

Showtalk
Host

Aug-1

Yes, it is but when the entire purpose of competing is to win, why not just stay home? It was too stressful for her to even try to compete when her mind was on other things. The people in charge should have made her well-being more important.  I bet they pressured her into going.

I think she was pressued, Olympics are big money for the bigwigs.  I wonder if that is what she wanted to do, stay home.

Showtalk
Host

Aug-1

Maybe she did and the first opportunity to she had to drop out was when she messed up. She never messes up so you have o wonder if it was partly psychological.

(Your sig is very wide in a Zeta forum and I can’t see all of it without scrolling)

Sorry about the sig, I deleted it for this post.

I've wondered about that too, it wouldn't surprise me a bit.

Showtalk
Host

Aug-1

It probably looks perfect on a Classic forum.  It’s just very wide here.

Maybe she had no choice.

I'm a Classic junkie LOL!

That is what I think too.

WALTER784

Aug-2

Showtalk said...

Yes, it is but when the entire purpose of competing is to win, why not just stay home? It was too stressful for her to even try to compete when her mind was on other things. 

The Olympics are not like a Hasbro game where everybody can play. They're supposed to be the top athletes from each country competing against all the other countries top players for the top three medal titles.

The Olympians MUST be both mentally and physically in the best shape they've ever been in to even consider bringing home a medal.

Each country has their own internal run offs of the best person/people in the event(s) they're participating in. These Olympians are initially chosen in their State run offs to find the best in each state. Then the best from each state compete against other states to find who will win the national title. In Japan, they have similar Prefecture run offs in the 47 prefectures throughout Japan. Then the best from each prefecture go up against each other to win the national championship title.

Coaches should be more than well aware of their athlete's physical and mental preparedness.

Showtalk said...

The people in charge should have made her well-being more important.  I bet they pressured her into going.

Yes, the athlete's well-being should be of utmost importance... otherwise... this is what happens. 

As for being pressured... (* LOL *)... Boy... talking about pouring gasoline over an open flame!!! Those who pressured should be dealt with accordingly... (i.e. fired and given a bad rapport for human negligence.)

FWIW