Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

NYC to Offer $100 Incentive for Vaccinat   The Newsy You: News of Today

Started Jul-29 by WALTER784; 994 views.
WALTER784

Jul-29

To all the New Yorkers who already got vaxed... tough s##t! You should have waited. (* CHUCKLE *)

NYC to Offer $100 Incentive for Vaccination Starting Friday

Anyone who gets a first dose at a city-run site starting Friday July 30 will get the $100

Starting this Friday, New York City will pay $100 to anyone who goes to a city-run vaccination site for their first dose of a COVID-19 vaccine, Mayor Bill de Blasio said.

The announcement comes just days after the mayor said all city workers would have to be vaccinated or go through strict weekly testing protocols.

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/nyc-to-offer-100-incentive-for-vaccination-starting-friday/3181505/

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Jul-30

They gave out even bigger rewards a few months ago.

Showtalk said:

They gave out even bigger rewards a few months ago.

I think I remember reading that somewhere. But the stick is soon coming once it turns into a two tier society. And New York is probably going to do the vaccine required to participate in anything mandate, while in Texas, ,we keep seeing a rising tsunami of serious cases among the unvaccinated. Meanwhile those of us in the 30% who made a risk vs benefit calculation back in March that side effects from vaccine were much less likely than getting very, very sick from Covid.

And contrary to the Chinese fake person chatbots spreading misinformation for month after month, I can say from first hand experience (maybe TMI for some) that vaccine does NOT  cause impotence.

Why are the Chinese intelligence services creating milions upon millions of fake people using deepfake digital technologies? Because they want America to be too far away from herd immunity, and weaken us so when they decide to invade Taiwan, they figure they can get away with it.

That and of course to further kill the economy here with new waves of infection, while they make out like bandits as the sole source of too many vital supplies.

Showtalk
Host

Aug-6

Eventually numbers of cases will drop as more people are vacccinated or get Covid or both.

Eventually. Like that huge wildfires out here in 2008.

Some of those burned over 300,000 acres, fully covered several counties and the worst one took nearly 3 months to finally contain it.

Another one near here destroyed over 60 homes and killed a lot of livestock.

WALTER784

Aug-7

Showtalk said...

Eventually numbers of cases will drop as more people are vacccinated or get Covid or both.

From what I've heard... the Delta variant is spreading faster among those vaccinated than those who are not vaccinated in Israel.

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Aug-8

Pandemics eventually burn themselves out or become endemic.

Showtalk
Host

Aug-8

No one knows for sure, since the numbers of Delta cases are still very much lower than the original cases.

Oh, it will burn itself out eventually. The cost is gonna be staggering, because now we have a situation much like with the wildfires towards the end, where firebugs were going out and setting new fires (tinderbox dry, "un-vaccinated" grass and weeds) while everyone was busy fighting the existing ones.

Responsible people were obeying the county burn bans and red flag protocols for necessary outdoor "hot work" such as do not do welding if the wind exceeds 5 mph, or even schedule such activity at night, and have on hand a minimum of about a thousand gallons of water to put out anything that starts from metal splatter, and mowing anything near the site to bare dirt, and then soaking everything that can't be cut down out to about a 50 foot radius so it's "vaccinated" and thus either won't propagate the fire faster than you can get ahead of it, or burn out within inches of the hot splatter.

Although when they caught the fire bugs who got off on flicking a lit match into tinderbox dry grass, they are going to spend a few decades behind bars.

Having done some disaster response volunteer work, I'm rather familiar with how wildfire does propagate and how much harder it is to put out once it has breached containment measures. I tend to equate vaccination with the dropping of fire retardant ahead of a wildfire. While some individual bushes can ignite even then, from being pelted by burning embers, they burn far less vigorously and generally the fire doesn't jump the retardant line unless there is a very, very high wind and a massive horizontal storm of burning embers that last longer than it takes to cross that firebreak.

Showtalk
Host

Aug-8

I saw that some are saying they are using a lot of political energy on Delta when it’s not anywhere near as dangerous as the original covid was.