Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

This is a "feel good" item...   The Nurturing You: Feel Good, Fun and Helpful Polls

Started Jul-30 by WALTER784; 213 views.
WALTER784

Jul-30

Argentine fencer Maria Belen Perez Maurice hugs her coach of 17 years, Lucas Guillermo Saucedo, after he proposed marriage to her on the sidelines of the Olympic fencing at Makuhari Messe Hall in Chiba, Japan July 26, 2021. Picture taken July 26, 2021.
Maria Belen Perez Maurice's coach - and partner of 17 years - used a handwritten sign that read, 'Will you marry me? Please.'

A third Olympics for fencer Maria Belen Perez Maurice of Argentina.

A second proposal by her longtime partner and coach, Lucas Guillermo Saucedo.

Eleven years after Lucas proposed for the first time, he did so again, this time using a handwritten sign at Tokyo 2020 that read: 'Will you marry me? Please.'

The proposal came after Perez Maurice was eliminated from the women's sabre event in fencing. Her answer?

“I said yes, of course,” Perez Maurice said, according to Reuters .

Perez Maurice fell to Hungary’s Anna Marton on Monday (26 July), 15-12.

She also competed at London 2012 and Rio 2016.

Lucas proposed as Maria was doing a TV interview after her loss, holding the sign for the camera to see - and her to find out - when she turned around. Saucedo got down on one knee, the two then embracing and sharing a hug and a kiss.

https://olympics.com/tokyo-2020/en/news/yes-fencer-perez-maurice-accepts-marriage-proposal-from-coach-tokyo-2020

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Jul-30

It is a feel good story.

WALTER784

Jul-30

Yep...

Well, when he held up the sign behind here... initially she didn't even realize it until somebody said look behind you... and when she did... she was plesantly surprised.

Wow... just think of that... proposing in front of the world at the Olympics... not many people can boast they actually did that!

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Aug-3

Fencers are an unusual bunch.  It’s an interesting sport.