Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

I'm dead serious about this...   The Serious You: How Current Events Affect You

Started Jul-31 by WALTER784; 5051 views.
WALTER784

Jul-31

I'm dead serious about this...

Why are the powers that be trying to so hard to compel people to take experimental drugs, whose long term effects are not known?

And I would like a valid answer... one which I've yet to find for the past 8+ months!

FWIW

Alfi (THIALFI)

Jul-31

Control of people's actions, along with lockdowns and masks.

Showtalk
Host

Jul-31

For the greatest good. They analyzed and decided it was the best solution.

WALTER784

Aug-1

Showtalk said...

For the greatest good. They analyzed and decided it was the best solution.

Sorry, but I just cannot buy that reasoning.

For those with breathing problems... masks are not for their greater good... masks are detrimental/hazardous to those with breathing problems... but for the greater good of others... they can die!!! Yeah sure... like I really believe that one!

And who is "they"? Current government? Just look at last year... current government was "Trump"... Republican... last year. But yet there were states with draconian strict lockdown orders and then states with very lax orders. The "they" imposing strict lockdown orders last year wasn't "Trump" or the "Republicans"... but Democrat run states. So by "they" are you referring to the Democrats? 

The vaccination has only been approved by the FDA for experimental use. But yet all the Democrats are pushing to get it.

FWIW

WALTER784

Aug-1

Alfi (THIALFI) said...

Control of people's actions, along with lockdowns and masks.

Now that... as un-plausible as I would like to think about it... is probably the most plausible reason I've heard thus far.

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Aug-1

Politicians want both control and low virus numbers.  They believe their decisions will make that happen. They all want to be the ones whose numbers of cases and deaths drop under their watch.

Alfi (THIALFI)

Aug-1

I try to be plausible, and in this age of excess that's becoming easier.

For example: https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/liquor-shortage-looming

Showtalk
Host

Aug-1

What will people do without booze? Moonshine.

WALTER784

Aug-2

Showtalk said...

What will people do without booze? Moonshine.

Are you telling me you don't have your own distillery in back of your house? (* SBICKER *)

But if it were outlawed... it would somehow be bootlegged like in the old days.

FWIW

WALTER784

Aug-2

Showtalk said...

Politicians want both control and low virus numbers.  They believe their decisions will make that happen. They all want to be the ones whose numbers of cases and deaths drop under their watch.

Following the so called crazy science?  Really makes no sense to me what so ever.

Biden tells us we must get vaccinated to protect others, but yet, they tell us that even with the vax we aren't safe and can still spread the virus...

Just one more reason for me still not wanting to get the jab!

Get the jab to protect others because it doesn't protect others!

Does that make sense to anybody in here?

FWIW