Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Should General Milley resign over undermining President Trump?   The Serious You: How Current Events Affect You

Started Sep-15 by Showtalk; 910 views.
Showtalk

Poll Question From Showtalk

Sep-15

Should General Milley resign over undermining President Trump?
  • Yes, his actions were insurrection0  votes
    0%
  • Yes, he is incapable of holding his job0  votes
    0%
  • He should be courtmartialed for sedition and taking over chain of command3  votes
    23%
  • I'm not sure, but an investigation should be held3  votes
    23%
  • No, he protected us against Trump2  votes
    15%
  • No, he was right to warn China that Trump was dangerous0  votes
    0%
  • I don't believe Woodward and Costas, Milley did not do it0  votes
    0%
  • 1, 2, and 35  votes
    38%
  • 5 and 60  votes
    0%
  • Other0  votes
    0%
Yes, his actions were insurrection 
Yes, he is incapable of holding his job 
He should be courtmartialed for sedition and taking over chain of command 
I'm not sure, but an investigation should be held 
No, he protected us against Trump 
No, he was right to warn China that Trump was dangerous 
I don't believe Woodward and Costas, Milley did not do it 
1, 2, and 3 
5 and 6 
Other 
In reply toRe: msg 1
Showtalk
Host

Sep-15

In reply toRe: msg 3
Showtalk
Host

Sep-15

In reply toRe: msg 4
Showtalk
Host

Sep-15

Pompeo said if the conversation happened, they should be able to reconstruct the transcripts. 

The_Rock (JABRONI256)

Sep-15

Voted 5, anyone who could let the capitol riot happen and has stuck to these crazy conspiracies was a clear threat and precautions had to be taken, I'm sure I'm relatively alone in this thinking though...although it boggles the mind that I am in the minority. 

Showtalk
Host

Sep-16

If this happened, it was prior to the election. Trump didn’t let the group break into the Capitol. He wasn’t even there.  

Do you understand Chain of Command?  The President is a civilian so the person with the most power can’t stage a military coup.  That is a very simplified version. Milley broke protocols. Even Vindman who hated Trump said he was wrong.

He usurped civilian authority, broke Chain of Command, and violated the sacrosanct principle of civilian control over the military. It’s an extremely dangerous precedent. You can’t simply walk away from that," Vindman wrote in a tweet.

The_Rock (JABRONI256)

Sep-16

Trump wasn’t at the capitol during the riot? Complete revisionist history, sure maybe not right there but he was a couple blocks away urging his looney toonies to March on it. 

https://www.npr.org/2021/02/10/966396848/read-trumps-jan-6-speech-a-key-part-of-impeachment-trial

I do understand the chain of command but perhaps you aren’t familiar with the fact that “I was only following orders” isn’t a defence to crimes committed under orders, which does permit a good soldier to ignore orders for the greater good, which seems to be what Woodward is putting forward in his book.

Showtalk
Host

Sep-16

He wasn’t on site at the break in.  He was giving a speech.  

What Miley did is so out of what is acceptable, only those without respect for the military can condone it.  You don’t understand how the vote here is going the direction it is and I tried to explain it.  This is much bigger than dislike of Trump.  He should be removed from his job at the very least.  He could have started a war with China.  People on both sides of the political aisle are having a big problem with what he did.

• Edited September 16, 2021 11:36 am  by  Showtalk
WALTER784

Sep-16

Showtalk said...

He usurped civilian authority, broke Chain of Command, and violated the sacrosanct principle of civilian control over the military. It’s an extremely dangerous precedent. You can’t simply walk away from that," Vindman wrote in a tweet.

And as such should be tried and convicted of treason! No two ways about it!

FWIW