Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

How do you feel knowing the 6’ Covid distancing requirement was arbitrary?   The Real You: Personality Poll

Started Sep-26 by Showtalk; 1393 views.
Showtalk

Poll Question From Showtalk

Sep-26

How do you feel knowing the 6' Covid distancing requirement was arbitrary?
  • I didn't know until I read it here1  vote
    6%
  • I'm angry1  vote
    6%
  • I'm not surprised8  votes
    53%
  • I don't care since it worked3  votes
    20%
  • It's all Trump's fault0  votes
    0%
  • Other2  votes
    13%
I didn't know until I read it here 
I'm angry 
I'm not surprised 
I don't care since it worked 
It's all Trump's fault 
Other 
In reply toRe: msg 1
Showtalk
Host

Sep-26

Dee (DLAINEDEE)

Sep-26

Other, because I knew from day one.  Everything I told you at the start of this lie, you chose not to believe, which is your right.  However, we showed you so much proof for the truth, but you refused to look at it, because you didn't like, or whatever reason, the messenger.

If someone is a Christian, they have no business fearing death, and they definitely should not be injecting toxins that break and change your God given DNA.  If you are not a Christian, then yes, you should fear death, and not from a souped up cold virus.

The_Rock (JABRONI256)

Sep-26

Voted #4, I think we all knew it was relatively arbitrary, I say relatively because there is some data to suggest that the dispersal pattern of an uncovered sneeze vs a sneeze with a mask on, thereby proving the efficacy of mask use. 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7215485/

https://www.pnas.org/content/118/17/e2018995118

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNeYfUTA11s

Showtalk
Host

Sep-26

Dee, I would be much less inclined to ignore you if you stopped accusing me of things in nearly every post. Every post is “I told you so” and it’s getting old and is quite rude.  I know you can be polite if you wanted to.

Showtalk
Host

Sep-26

6’ seems to be the farthest most virus drops can travel but the find them as far away as 16’. So 6. Isn’t arbitrary so much as it’s not always fact but more often than not.

The Six-Foot Rule is a social distancing recommendation by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, based on the assumption that the primary vector of pathogen transmission is the large drops ejected from the most vigorous exhalation events, coughing and sneezing (519). Indeed, high-speed visualization of such events reveals that 6 ft corresponds roughly to the maximum range of the largest, millimeter-scale drops (20). Compliance to the Six-Foot Rule will thus substantially reduce the risk of such large-drop transmission. However, the liquid drops expelled by respiratory events are known to span a considerable range of scales, with radii varying from fractions of a micron to millimeters

The_Rock (JABRONI256)

Sep-26

Showtalk said:

but the find them as far away as 16’. So 6. Isn’t arbitrary so much as it’s not always fact but more often than not.

Unless you wear a mask which is the key modifier.

The_Rock (JABRONI256)

Sep-26

If you watch one of the videos I posted above, you're likely to prevent spread with a mask that is at least two ply thick, seems pretty effective to me.

Showtalk
Host

Sep-26

I’m not doing videos but I will take your word for it.