Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Parents should not tell school districts what they can teach   The Real You: Personality Poll

Started Oct-5 by Showtalk; 15794 views.

I haven't seen it but - I bet it was interesting.

Showtalk
Host

Nov-16

Garland  isn’t good at answering difficult questions.

Showtalk said:

Garland isn’t good at answering difficult questions.

Chronic liars and spin doctors and such who do everything based on narrative, generally have problems with difficult questions.

Jeri (azpaints)

Nov-18

But to be fair, congress critters of all ilk often ask the most convoluted off topic questions I have ever heard.  If im at a drs and he asks me about traffic I could stumble over the answer.  Just a reminder I have not watched the hearings just commenting in general.

Showtalk
Host

Nov-18

I’ve watched parts of them or I’ve searched for clips when I hear a news story.  They can ask ridiculous questions, I agree, but usually with a purpose.

Jeri (azpaints)

Nov-18

Often the purpose is only to promote an ideology unrelated to the supposed subject of the hearing. 

Showtalk
Host

Nov-18

I thought they were to see if the person could do the job.

Jeri (azpaints)

Nov-18

I've watched congressional hearings about a law on immigration where the congressional members will pose questions on abortion and gun laws as an example.  If the hearing is about immigration then I want questions on immigration not the new tax law or banking laws.  If Congress wants to discuss tax law, hold a hearing on it.

WALTER784

Nov-19

Showtalk said...

I thought they were to see if the person could do the job.

Regardless... parents seem to be telling school boards who to fire...

Loudoun School Board meeting erupts into shouting as parent group files petition to oust board chair

Loudoun School Board meeting erupts into shouting as parent group files petition to oust board chair | Fox News

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Nov-19

Isn’t that because they load up immigration bills with things like hidden taxes or other items?  Or because they need to know how a candidate will vote on all issues? It’s common on all sides.  You didn’t forget what they did to Kavenaugh or to other Trump appointees.  The party out of power always does that.