Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Banning Videos   The Serious You: How Current Events Affect You

Started 10/13/21 by WALTER784; 5778 views.
The_Rock (JABRONI256)

10/15/21

The people making millions aren’t supporting themselves, they’re making far more than a living wage, the parents of that kid who dies toy reviews make tens of millions. 

You’re likely to be earning a decent chunk of change with a hundred or so thousand subscribers and anout a couple thousand views per video.

Regarding monetization, well a channel can be demonetized but it usually starts with specific videos and for all sorts of TOS violations, usually related to copyright, I’ve gotten two takedown requests that offered demonetization as another option.

Showtalk
Host

10/15/21

Why did they ask you to take down videos? You are very careful with copyrights.  More than most.

The_Rock (JABRONI256)

10/15/21

The first one was likely a mistake, received the strike for Iced, I challenged it and as proof submitted the details of my deal with the music publisher and offered proof of seal to back it up, the company (never heard of it before) removed the strike shortly after and didn’t seek proof, I suspect the company I dealt with got swallowed up by a larger one and that new, larger company went looking for violators but I was ready.

Second strike? Guilty as hell. I used Yellow’s famous song from Ferris Bueller for my very short promo of my all in one black magic atem switcher in a case, I chose the demonetization option as it’s not there to make money or gain an audience, just there to show off my build of technology.

Showtalk
Host

10/15/21

Well, you tried and it didn’t work. How did they find it?

The_Rock (JABRONI256)

10/15/21

I'm not sure how this new conglomerate found my film, Youtube's copyright algorithm isn't supposed to narc you out to the source, it only flags the content and either mutes the copyrighted portions or offers the demonetization option.

Showtalk
Host

10/15/21

It found it somehow.

The_Rock (JABRONI256)

10/15/21

It's possible it was a function of the search feature, let's imagine an employee of this company was tasked with scraping Youtube for any and all instances of it's catalogue, so you do that by searching the song title and then a dash and then the artist name, Youtube then filters the search results based on how honest uploaders were (if they had purchased the track as I had) or if the algorithm detected it also would display in the search results, so some barely twenty something found my film that way, and incorrectly assumed I hadn't paid for the track for this particular film and filed a copyright strike against me on Youtube, forcing me to prove my claim, which I successfully did.

Showtalk said:

Facebook is starting to feel the losses as well. Young adults have left it for the most part.

And some of us old geezers saw the writing on the wall early on and never signed up for Fakebook in the first place. So we have decades of experience getting by without it, thus don't miss what we never had.

Showtalk
Host

10/16/21

Yes, I thought you always pay or else find copyright free music.

Showtalk
Host

10/16/21

You probably don’t have dozens of old school friend to keep up with.  Facebook is like an ongoing holiday letter to friends.