Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

The stage was s set for the Showdown ar   The Serious You: How Current Events Affect You

Started Oct-13 by Jeri (azpaints); 677 views.
Jeri (azpaints)

Oct-13

The SCOTUS Corral.   Under our constitution federal law supersedes state law.  Two states now have passed laws that are against Federal law.  Covid is going to affect our lives in the courts now, not just in the hospitals, family deaths and jobs.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/florida-leon-county-fined-desantis-vaccine-mandate_n_6166d70de4b065a5496e71e9

Showtalk
Host

Oct-13

People should not lose jobs over vaccines.

Jeri (azpaints)

Oct-13

Another time we will have to agree to disagree.  I'm I'm immune compromised I am eternally grateful to all companies who are proactive in keeping my exposure as limited as possible.

WALTER784

Oct-14

Showtalk said...

People should not lose jobs over vaccines.

They shouldn't... but I do believe they have legal recourse to sue those companies that fire them!

And one more thing about being vaccinated or not... if one has already had Covid and recovered... they have built up their own immunity which is much stronger and lasts longer than the vaccine itself.

So why should they be fired even though their more immune than those who have been vaccinated?

FWIW

Dee (DLAINEDEE)

Oct-14

So what's next, putting a yellow star on all those unvaccinated, then off to a quarantine center aka concentration camp?

Or maybe you think they should be locked in their homes.  Banned from buying groceries?  Left to starve to death?

Don't you think if you are so afraid of catching anything, it would be better for you to lock yourself in your home, then lock up millions for making choices not to take an experimental shot?

"Another time we will have to agree to disagree.  I'm I'm immune compromised I am eternally grateful to all companies who are proactive in keeping my exposure as limited as possible."

I almost do not know what to say here. We know people who have been vaccinated can still get covid, it does not confer the degree of immunity we were told it would, and some of those who get covid, even after vaccination, have died of it. We know, and you can pick your numbers wherever you like, that people have died from getting the vaccination. So you would take away an individuals right to decide what is best for them, and for their families, on the premise that YOU are immune compromised and YOU believe it best for people to be forced or coerced into getting a vaccination in order to protect YOU. Or, that in any way, shape or form, anyone is responsible for your level of exposure but YOU.

I don't post here often, I mostly read and absorb what is going on and seeing the opinions of people in this forum. For the most part I find it pretty good reading and enjoy the back and forth between the various personalities arguing back and forth, with the occasional barb, or outright insult, but I have to say, this is the most selfish thing I've read, I think ever! Let others risk death, in any number of ways, by mandate, in order to protect YOU??? I am amazed at your lack of self awareness in this matter. 

Maybe I'm wrong and you misspoke. Maybe you meant you HOPE people would educate themselves about the virus, the vaccines, and the impact getting vaccinated can have IF they actually work. Maybe you meant to say that you hoped companies would ENCOURAGE their employees to get vaccinated and not force them. Maybe you meant to say that.

But I doubt it.

Mac

Jeri (azpaints)

Oct-14

Aren't we all selfish when it comes to our health? I said I was eternally grateful...and I am.  Just as I am grateful to safe drivers, good pilots, etc, etc.  I do know that others are also protected by the actions of these companies and am even more thankful for that.

Jeri (azpaints)

Oct-14

Ps...you're reading far too much into my statements and truly have no idea of my feelings.  I, like you, have the right to state my opinion.  I could easily say you are the most judgmental person I have ever seen on Delphi, but I don't bielieve you are. If you read my other posts you might get an idea of how I feel..I have family, friends that are affected by others decision of obtaining the vaccine.  I have family and friends whose employers mandated vaccines.  I've lost family members to Covid.  You don't know me and are making assumptions that are inaccurate.  Since my post upset you so much, feel free to put me on ignore.  You have a nice day.  

No, it's okay, I'm not upset at all. I was just incredulous that you think everyone else should suffer for your safety. I do understand where you're coming from, and I don't feel ill will toward you, I just think you are discounting what is happening to people in the name of "safety" that is an abrogation of individual rights. If you, or I, decide to take the vaccine, that's great, but to tell me, or you, that you MUST take the vaccine, that is a step too far. Especially when we don't even know what we are dealing with, but must take the word of people who's credibility is suffering badly as they have changed the story so often. When we KNOW something, we should act on it, but not on speculation, guesses, and politicized information that is tainted by people injecting themselves into peoples lives when they have no business doing so.

I, also, have lost people to this "pandemic", and to the flu, and to heart attacks, and to every other kind of happenstance that befalls human beings, including suicide, but that does not make me think anyone else is responsible for MY protection, but me. I will take the actions I deem necessary to protect myself, and my family and friends, but I will not be dictated to by people who have no business dictating to me or anyone else. I contracted covid in June of last year, and made it through it. I then subsequently got the J&J vaccine when it came out. But that was MY decision to do so, not any mandate by spurious politicos that spew inane nonsense on the television.

I am sure you are a fine person, but the way you stated your case was, by any definition, very selfish. Peoples lives are being thrown into chaos, their livelihood threatened, and in some cases, ended, because someone wants to control their very personal medical decision to get a vaccine or not. "For the common good" doesn't cut it. If you let them use that excuse this time, it will never end. I know you don't care about that, but I certainly do. We just don't know enough about this "virus" and the implications of variants and such, to make such a blanket decision, and then force on those who don't believe what they're being told by sources that have steadily lost credibility over the past 18 months. 

Just sayin'

Mac

Jeri (azpaints)

Oct-14

Dee! I am Literally rolling on the floor laughing.

I have been out of my house 3 times since 3/4/2020.  So I am "locked in".  My three excursions were to the hospital.  Thanks for solving one of my questions- your intent is obviously to indoctrinate forum members with your beliefs without any regard to their health, safety, or personal situations.