Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Warning -do not iron while wearing shirt   The Jovial You: Humor, Jokes and Riddles

Started Oct-17 by WALTER784; 1122 views.
Showtalk
Host

Oct-17

I can see someone ironing a hem without taking their shirt off.  I wouldn’t, but if someone was a hurry, they might.

WALTER784

Oct-17

That label only cost 9 cents per tag... but it staved off numerous $37,000,000 lawsuits!

It was well worth the price!

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Oct-17

Yes, if people are that stupid.

WALTER784

Oct-17

Oh... believe you me... there are unbelievably stupid people in our world... they live and breath among us. Scary to say the least, but they are out there!

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Oct-17

They are out there, I agree. We’ve seen them in the news before.

WALTER784

Oct-17

Showtalk said...

They are out there, I agree. We’ve seen them in the news before.

It's the confirmation that they actually exist that scares me even more! (* FROWN *)

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Oct-17

Some are young. Some never developed the ability to decipher safe from unsafe.  Some are daredevils.

Showtalk
Host

Oct-17

It reminded me of my friend who was helping a young man who had inherited a house with a mortgage.  He got a late notice and asked her about it. He said he pays the bill every month. She looked at it and saw he owed an odd amount.  So she asked to see his records.  She saw every month he paid a rounded off number with zeros after it.  She asked how the monthly payment was an even number.  He said it’s not, but it was too complicated to pay the extra, so he sent them an even amount every month, lower than the actual payment.  She asked why he didn’t go up to the next higher even number above the mortgage payment.  He asked, Why would I give them extra money?

She helped him pay the amount he was behind, then set up an automated payment schedule higher than the mortgage amount so he could pay it off sooner., then explained how house payments work.  How does someone get to be close to 30 and not know how to pay bills?

Showtalk said:

She helped him pay the amount he was behind, then set up an automated payment schedule higher than the mortgage amount so he could pay it off sooner., then explained how house payments work. How does someone get to be close to 30 and not know how to pay bills?

Probably because the schools were too busy teaching stuff like the precursors to "critical race theory" and assorted other indoctrination. Since there's a finite amount of classroom time per day, per school year, and for the entire thing from kindergarten to graduation, there probably wasn't time to squeeze basic life skills into the curriculum.

And the various financial industries like it that way, because they can harvest a lot of extra dollars or get more foreclosures and then predatory lending terms out of these hapless folk who stumble right into the traps the banksters have had in place for centuries, that we old geezers learned about and to be wary of when we were growing up.