Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Are you mourning the loss of Colin Powell?   The Serious You: How Current Events Affect You

Started Oct-18 by Showtalk; 385 views.
Showtalk

Poll Question From Showtalk

Oct-18

Are you mourning the loss of Colin Powell?
  • Yes, he was a great leader4  votes
    40%
  • Yes, he was adequate at his job0  votes
    0%
  • Yes, he was bipartisan0  votes
    0%
  • No, he was a liberal disguised as a Republican1  vote
    10%
  • No, but not for any reasons listed5  votes
    50%
  • Other0  votes
    0%
Yes, he was a great leader 
Yes, he was adequate at his job 
Yes, he was bipartisan 
No, he was a liberal disguised as a Republican 
No, but not for any reasons listed 
Other 
In reply toRe: msg 1
Showtalk
Host

Oct-18

He died with Covid, double vaccinated but he also had serious multiple myeloma.

Numerous Republicans disliked him for siding with Democrats on some key issues, but today everyone is morning him, as it should be.  

Jeri (azpaints)

Oct-18

He  spent most of his life in service to his country, something few do.  I voted yes, but I don't know that "mourning" is the correct word.  I respect his dedication to his country and honor his memory.  

Showtalk
Host

Oct-18

I used that word out of respect.  I agree, for many it’s honoring him and appreciating his achievements rather than being devastated that he died. He was a public figure but he wasn’t someone we elected to office.  So we are more removed from him.

Jeri (azpaints)

Oct-18

For me, "mourning" represents a personal relationship with the deceased.  Such as a family member, friend, or business acquaintances.  

Showtalk
Host

Oct-18

Then we can disagree. Still, I think most people voting will understand what I meant.

Jeri (azpaints)

Oct-18

I think most people use mourning to describe any loss of a pubic figure.  It's just my personal approach and certainly not the predominant approach.  Bet 99% would agree with you, LOL.

The_Rock (JABRONI256)

Oct-18

An actual republican who called it like it was and was pretty much completely on point with Trump and like the patriot republicans at the Lincoln Project voted democrat in a monumental display of political courage.

Showtalk
Host

Oct-18

I think so, LOL.

Showtalk
Host

Oct-18

He owed the anti Trumpers.  People like GW Bush.