Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What does the chant Lets Go Brandon mean?   The Newsy You: News of Today

Started 10/18/21 by Showtalk; 5628 views.
The_Rock (JABRONI256)

10/19/21

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/memo-banning-anti-joe-biden-euphemism-lets-go-brandon-is-fake-shared-services-canada-says

Banning it would be pointless, the entire Federal bureaucracy in Canada is a Liberal one, there would be no reason to ban it here because no one would be inclined to use it. Interesting how no "liberal media" made this banning claim but conservative sources (especially the ones I've often cited as being unreliable) ran with this story and bought it hook line and sinker.

Showtalk
Host

10/19/21

It’s a weird story. I don’t get it.  

The_Rock (JABRONI256)

10/19/21

It's misinformation designed to rile up people who are indoctrinated, and excellent example of why right wing media should be carefully scrutinized and vigorously fact checked, because if you read the Star and National Post stories on this, the little details that would have immediately identified this as fake were blatantly ignored to increase right wing anger, in essence manipulating people who are distrustful of conventional media, a point I've been hammering away at for months on this board, example number 1 right here, Listen to your spidey sense.

Showtalk
Host

10/19/21

One story doesn’t make a source all bad or CNN and similar would get no page views ever. 

WALTER784

10/19/21

Showtalk said...

Why would Canada ban a U.S. slogan?

One leftist country supporting the leftist party of another!

Lefties banning together! (* CHUCKLE *)

FWIW

WALTER784

10/19/21

ROFLMAO...

Well... how does the saying go? Payback's a b####!

The Democrats started it with their rhetoric about Trump and so now... I guess it's about time for them to have a dose of their own medicine!

And the nice thing is that they used very harsh and vulgar words against Trump but "Let's Go Brandon" isn't vulgar at all! (* CHUCKLE *)

FWIW

WALTER784

10/19/21

The_Rock (JABRONI256) said...

It's misinformation designed to rile up people who are indoctrinated, and excellent example of why right wing media should be carefully scrutinized and vigorously fact checked

Why only the right wing media?

All media should be held accountable right/center/left and called out for their misinformation. In the U.S. most of the misinformation is coming either from the left or the alt-right!

And I find it interesting how you use the word indoctrinated. Who are "the indoctrinated" and why are they indoctrinated?

FWIW

WALTER784

10/20/21

I bet the liberals are all going ape s##t over this one:

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

10/20/21

As I said, it makes no sense, but it’s not only Republicans who are chanting at stadiums, unless Democrats never go to football games or NASCAR.  It became a big deal because everyone is shouting it.

Showtalk
Host

10/20/21

Because no one can be conservative unless they are indoctrinated.  Woke people aren’t indoctrinated.