Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Jeri (azpaints)

Oct-21

We've talked about food, gas and paper products increasing in price.  BUT... our news just had a bit on rent increases here in Phoenix.  The RE guy they spoke to said that 2 bedroom apts are increasing $300+ dollars a month and houses are increasing even more.  My daughter got notified her rent is increasing 40%.  Glad we're able to have a second house on our property!  

Jeri (azpaints)

Oct-22

Did you see that AZ was in the top two of market increases?  I expect to see a decline in RE prices here by next summer, if not sooner.  We just had to have our land appraised because of the second house.  In yesterday's mail was a blind offer from a CA company to purchase our house and land for 40% of the appraised value.  I was surprised frankly because this is the first offer we've ever received with an actual dollar amount included including cents!  We get mailed offers, door to door approaches and blind calls at least 4 times a week because new zoning now allows three houses on our acreage vs the two allowed for the past ten yrs and the one house allowed when we bought 25 yrs ago.

Showtalk
Host

Oct-22

Prices went up and someone offered you less?  How much have they gone up? Is it due to people from expensive states driving the prices up?  There is a lot of pressure from flippers for people to sell under market.  If someone wants to sell and doesn’t want to deal with realtors and open houses, they sell for all cash, then the flipper puts a little money into it and turns it around for a profit.  People hate flippers because they often use generic designs and change the entire character of neighborhoods.

Jeri (azpaints)

Oct-22

The offer was not based on anything reliable- as I said it came from Calif.  I suspect! Based on the amount, it was based on information available to some which gave the amount of the mortgage loan against the property.   Our land is not for sale.  As I said I get interest from RE agents weekly because of the size of my land I suspect.   

Showtalk
Host

Oct-22

They must get some results.

Jeri (azpaints)

Oct-22

May be too soon to tell.  New commercial building two blocks from us and some change of city boundaries which changed the zoning and a few other things just happened since Feb/March.  As I said this offer was really on a different level than prior RE interest.  I don't know if they approached other neighbors.

Showtalk
Host

Oct-22

They probably did.

WALTER784

Oct-22

Jeri (azpaints) said...

Did you see that AZ was in the top two of market increases?

I didn't read the whole thing so didn't know that.

Jeri (azpaints) said...

In yesterday's mail was a blind offer from a CA company to purchase our house and land for 40% of the appraised value.  I was surprised frankly because this is the first offer we've ever received with an actual dollar amount included including cents!  We get mailed offers, door to door approaches and blind calls at least 4 times a week because new zoning now allows three houses on our acreage vs the two allowed for the past ten yrs and the one house allowed when we bought 25 yrs ago.

Wow... only offering 40%? They want to rip you off.

Buy it for 40%, split the property in three and build 3 houses on it for resale probably each more than what their 40% offering to you was.

FWIW

WALTER784

Oct-22

Showtalk said...

They must get some results.

Probably only from those in real dire need of hard cash and would be willing to sell low just to get the cash.

Otherwise, they should be able to get a load from the bank using the home as guarantee.

FWIW