Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What was your first reaction when you heard Alec Baldwin shot someone?   The Newsy You: News of Today

Started 10/22/21 by Showtalk; 19339 views.
Showtalk
Host

Jan-24

Baldwin is extreme even compared to politicians.

The_Rock (JABRONI256)

Feb-15

Some new developments

https://screenrant.com/rust-shooting-halyna-hutchins-alec-baldwin-family-lawsuit/

I like that they're going after the producers for cost cutting leading to negligence, that's the right play in my opinion and the only one that's likely to win in court.

Showtalk
Host

Feb-15

As producer, Baldwin is liable.  

The_Rock (JABRONI256)

Feb-15

I know, what I’m saying is I’m glad it’s a blanket suit against all of them, more likely to win.

Showtalk
Host

Feb-16

Yes, and they can share the losses when they get a monetary judgement against them.  He won’t go to jail though. 

The_Rock (JABRONI256)

Feb-16

No he won't, it's a civil trial, and frankly I don't think he should; to me the person with the most direct liability here is the gun master/wrangler/firearms coordinator, overall liability goes to the producers who hired that person and cut other corners.

Showtalk
Host

Feb-16

They are still investigating his part in unsafe handling.

The_Rock (JABRONI256)

Feb-16

Which they should but I don't think it's going to lead anywhere criminal, civil yes, criminal likely not. Again, I think if you drill right down to it the person who ultimately has physical responsibility for the firearms on set is the one that should be held primarily responsible.

Showtalk
Host

Feb-16

And that person was not there at the time.  

The_Rock (JABRONI256)

Feb-16

That would be on point I would think the plaintiffs would make in their case against, the gun wrangler should be on set at all times any of the firearms are in use.

Although, that’s a rule in Canada, I don’t know if that’s a rule for production in the United States, I’d assume so.