Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Are your energy/utility prices rising ?   The Consumer You: Marketplace

Started Oct-25 by Showtalk; 2178 views.
Showtalk

Poll Question From Showtalk

Oct-25

Are your energy prices rising ?
  • Not at all3  votes
    17%
  • Yes, but no more than to be expected3  votes
    17%
  • Yes, a lot11  votes
    64%
  • Other0  votes
    0%
Not at all 
Yes, but no more than to be expected 
Yes, a lot 
Other 
In reply toRe: msg 1
Showtalk
Host

Oct-25

Energy prices are rising to the point they can become unaffordable.  Gas prices are rising, as are utilities. People are also being asked to cut back and use less.  Have you been affected? Will you be?

This articles blames solar users.  The irony of pushing people toward solar energy and then wanting to punish them for using it is too much.

• Edited October 25, 2021 11:23 am  by  Showtalk
In reply toRe: msg 2
Showtalk
Host

Oct-25

Water costs are rising across the U.S. - here's why

The cost of water is rising faster than groceries or gasoline, creating a financial pinch for some households

In reply toRe: msg 3
Showtalk
Host

Oct-25

In reply toRe: msg 4
Showtalk
Host

Oct-25

Jeri (azpaints)

Oct-25

I have an all electric house and our costs dropped significantly due to investigations into pricing.  But...I expect higher prices soon as they've applied for a rate hike.  Gas is outrageous at the pump but not sure about natural gas for homes here.  
Solar is a tricky endeavor here as the gas and electric companies are putting what I'd call a surcharge on solar users.  We have about 1.5 acres that we're looking at seeing if a solar company would like to install panels there and distribute the resulting power to three of our neighbors and us.   Not even sure it's logistically possible.  A friend of ours installed solar on her old roof.  The panels broke thru the roof.  So far it's cost her almost $30K to remove the panels, reroof and reinstall the Panels.  Our neighbor hates electric and had the gas company come out for a presentation to convert the entire block to gas options.  The price would have bought me a new car!  

The_Rock (JABRONI256)

Oct-25

Yes, but not more than expected. I live in a hydro rich Province, we produce so much we can't use it all, two downsides, our infrastructure requires upgrading at the cost of billions and bulk power deals to the United States went south due to increased fracking.

Jeri (azpaints)

Oct-25

I suspect we may be nearing the break point on fracking and its ramifications.  Oklahoma now has more earthquakes than the west coast states.  

Showtalk
Host

Oct-25

The solutions are extremely costly.  Our local government was going to switch to solar but they would not have a return on investment for 25 years, at which time the panels would need to be replaced.  Solar is a racket here at this time.  Maybe that will change.

Showtalk
Host

Oct-25

It’s ironic that you have it and can’t use it due to costs.  There must be a better way to manage the energy structure.