Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

WALTER784
Staff

Sep-8

As you only included your replies without my questions, it's sort of hard to follow, so I've combined my questions with your answers below:

1) If you only vote for one person... is your vote disqualified?

1.  No.

2) If you circle all people and include "1" for everybody on the ballot is your vote disqualified?

2.  Sure.  Just like voting for both candidates in a two person election.

3) If you circle only 3 of the 5 people on the ballot and include your rating for only those 3 instead of all 5... is your vote disqualified?

3.  Of course not.

4) If you rank more than one person with the same ranking, is your vote disqualified?

4 & 5.  Don't know.  I'm sure that's covered in the regulation/rules.

5) If there are only 3 people on the ballot but you rank one of them "5" or "100"... is your vote disqualified?

4 & 5.  Don't know.  I'm sure that's covered in the regulation/rules.

Your answers to even just 1 ~ 3 just goes to prove that ranked-choice marginalizes certain votes!

In a normal election, you are not allowed to vote for more than one person!!! So you cannot vote for two people either from either the same or other party.  

FWIW
WALTER784
Staff

Sep-8

I get the drift that it's all rigged and should not be used!!!

One person vote for one candidate is much simpler and fairer! That's the way it's been for centuries!

FWIW

• Edited September 8, 2022 7:42 am  by  WALTER784
WALTER784
Staff

Sep-8

Florida Governor Ron DeSantis Announces 20 Arrests For Voter Fraud (VIDEO)

By Cristina Laila
Published August 18, 2022 at 2:26pm

Fort Lauderdale, FL – Florida Governor Ron DeSantis (R) on Thursday announced 20 individuals across the Sunshine State have been charged with voter fraud.

20 people were arrested for voting illegally.

“The majority of these people illegally voted in Palm Beach, Broward and Miami Dade although there are others in other parts of the state,” Governor DeSantis said.

“These folks voted illegally… They are disqualified from voting because they have been convicted of either murder or sexual assault!” DeSantis said.

DeSantis delivered the news from a courtroom in the Broward County Courthouse.

The Miami Herald reported:

Gov. Ron DeSantis announced the arrests of 20 people across Florida on charges of voting illegally because they had been convicted of murder or sexual assault charges.

Under Florida law, people convicted of those crimes are not entitled to have their civil rights restored and are not eligible to vote.

DeSantis, in making the announcement Thursday afternoon in a courtroom at the Broward County Courthouse in Fort Lauderdale, said there would be other arrests for people who cast ballots but were not eligible to vote in Florida for other reasons.

Florida Department of Law Enforcement Acting Commissioner Mark Glass said that officers from FDLE made arrests Thursday in the Tampa, Orlando and Miami areas.

Florida Governor Ron DeSantis Announces 20 Arrests For Voter Fraud (VIDEO) (thegatewaypundit.com)

FWIW

MakoJo (makojo1)

Sep-8

>> Your answers to even just 1 ~ 3 just goes to prove that ranked-choice marginalizes certain votes! <<

So in a two person election, what do you do if a person votes for both candidates on their paper ballot.  Do you disqualify that ballot?  If not, how do you count it?  If so, aren't you then marginalizing that voter?  Seems to me we're treating the same people the same way.  

>> In a normal election, you are not allowed to vote for more than one person!!! So you cannot vote for two people either from either the same or other party.  <<

In a ranked-choice election you're not allowed to vote for two people as #1.  I don't see a difference here.

Joe

MakoJo (makojo1)

Sep-8

Got it.  Change is evil.

Also, you've said that ranked-choice voting is vote stealing and fraud.  If a Republican overtook a Democrat because of the ranked-choice process, would you believe the a Republican had fraudulently stolen the election?  I have asked you this a number of times and you won't answer it.  It seems like a simple yes/no answer.  If you won't answer this question, I think we can easily infer why.

Joe

WALTER784
Staff

Sep-8

MakoJo (makojo1) said...

So in a two person election, what do you do if a person votes for both candidates on their paper ballot.  Do you disqualify that ballot?  If not, how do you count it?  If so, aren't you then marginalizing that voter?  Seems to me we're treating the same people the same way.  

When the ballot specifically says select one and you choose two. You've disqualified your own vote. Nobody else did it... you did it yourself.

Ranked-choice on the other hand is not decided by you!!!

MakoJo (makojo1) said...

>> In a normal election, you are not allowed to vote for more than one person!!! So you cannot vote for two people either from either the same or other party.  <<

In a ranked-choice election you're not allowed to vote for two people as #1.  I don't see a difference here.

Hello... a ranked election allows you to vote for 2 or more... a non ranked election only allow one vote. Are you saying you cannot see a difference? 

FWIW

WALTER784
Staff

Sep-8

MakoJo (makojo1) said...

Got it.  Change is evil.

That is false and malaise appropriation of what I said. You said "evil"... I did not. Take that statement back!!!

MakoJo (makojo1) said...

Also, you've said that ranked-choice voting is vote stealing and fraud.

Also tends to meld in with your mention of "evil" which I never mentioned... you said "evil" not me! So don't attempt to say I said "evil" as I did not!]

MakoJo (makojo1) said...

If a Republican overtook a Democrat because of the ranked-choice process, would you believe the a Republican had fraudulently stolen the election?  I have asked you this a number of times and you won't answer it.  It seems like a simple yes/no answer.  If you won't answer this question, I think we can easily infer why.

If a Republican won due to ranked choice, then yes... that too would be illegal, corrupt and or cheating... too because "ranked choice" is illegal, corrupt and or cheating!!!

Now take back your claim that I said it was evil because I did not say it was evil. Those are your own words... not mine!!!

Edited to add: [You see... it doesn't matter which party wins... if ranked choice is used... it's illegal/corrupt/cheating regardless of party!!! It's the process... not the party that's the problem!]

FWIW

• Edited September 8, 2022 10:33 am  by  WALTER784
MakoJo (makojo1)

Sep-8

Hi, Walter.

Yes. You did not say evil.  Where I come from "Change is evil" is idiomatic for not liking change.  Noting insidious was meant by it's use.

And thank you for answering my question. 

Joe

Showtalk
Host

Sep-8

You are repeating the Democrats' justification of a system to manipulate voting and ignoring the real strategy behind it. In a typical election with precedent there are two major party candidates and maybe a few from minor parties that never win. One Republican, One Democrat.  In the Palin election, there were two Republicans, which automatically splits the vote.  That alone is a form of cheating, because it is the only way a Democrat can win in a predominately red area.  Yes, the Republicans can manipulate it themselves by only allowing one Republican to run but how do they determine which one gets included and how do they handle it if the other one refuses to drop out? Not everyone who runs intends to win. People may run for other reasons.

All those arguments against 2,000 Mules and voter fraud are just literally made per by Democrats to explain away facts.  You aren't aware that people have plead guilty to voter fraud.  They have many different forms of tangible proof that can be written off.

As for what we are talking about, the subject of the discussion is elections, and I was altering it back toward something I've been very curious about.

Mark Levin has a very good recording about the ranked choice fraud. I tried to find a transcript but I could not. It maybe hidden somewhere on his site. This is the information about the audio https://www.marklevinshow.com/2022/09/01/september-1st-2022/

• Edited September 8, 2022 10:40 am  by  Showtalk
Showtalk
Host

Sep-8

https://www.heritage.org/election-integrity/report/ranked-choice-voting-bad-choice

SUMMARY

You will not believe what “reformers” have devised to tinker with and manipulate our elections. It is called ranked choice voting (or “instant runoff voting”)—but it is really a scheme to disconnect elections from issues and allow candidates with marginal support from voters to win elections. In the end, it is all about political power, not about what is best for the American people and for preserving our great republic. So-called reformers want to change process rules so they can manipulate election outcomes to obtain power.

Ranked choice voting is a scheme to disconnect elections from issues and allow candidates with marginal support from voters to win.

It obscures true debates and issue-driven dialogs among candidates and eliminates genuine binary choices between two top-tier candidates.

It also disenfranchises voters, because ballots that do not include the two ultimate finalists are cast aside to manufacture a faux majority for the winner.