Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Sen. John Kennedy slammed Biden   The Serious You: How Current Events Affect You

Started Nov-18 by WALTER784; 695 views.
WALTER784

Nov-18

It's sad that we have to hear this being discussed on the Senate floor, but current state of affairs is so awful that it cannot be helped.

On the Senate floor, Sen. John Kennedy (R-LA) slammed President Biden over inflation and the economy.

'I Wish I Didn't Have To Give This Talk...': John Kennedy Unleashes On Biden On Senate Floor

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Nov-18

I have never been impressed with him before but that was an excellent layout of the #1 bipartisan issue that both sides need to address and fix now. If they care at all about their poor and  middle income constituents, they need to drop all the other nonsense and take care of it.

WALTER784

Nov-18

Well... he laid out the specifics very straightforward. He said he's willing to negotiate. But the recent house passage of the $1.x Trillion package will only worsen the situation and the future planned $3.x trillion will worsen it even further.

The Senate needs to block the $1.x trillion package and work on getting our economy back on track!

This is no longer a Democrat vs Republican issue because both are paying beyond what's affordable and with no future end in sight unless current admin does something to intervene in this ever growing inflation. 

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Nov-18

Overall, food, heating, gas costs have jumped 30% but crimes haven’t gone up proportionately.  He is from a poor state and his constituents can’t afford it.

• Edited November 19, 2021 10:17 am  by  Showtalk
WALTER784

Nov-19

Showtalk said...

Overall, food, heating, gas costs have jumped 30% butnincimes haven’t gone up proportionately.  He is from a poor state and his constituents can’t afford it.

The portion in red... ??? but ?? crimes??? [but not crimes] would be a double negative using haven't afterwards, so please clarify.

There are poor and middle class people in just about every state. And it's not the state... but we the people... Republican, Independent and Democrats that have to pay for these increases in prices. Can you really call California a rich state considering how far in the red they are?

It's we the people who are ALL paying the inflation increase costs. The rich can afford it but the middle class and poor are really having to suffer. Even for those who finally got $15 minimum wage... the inflation rate has basically nullified that raise.

The $1.2 or $1.8 or $1.9 trillion package passed the house, but it's now held up in the Senate. If it's passed... inflation will increase... so the pork needs to come out to lessen the inflation rate. Sure... real infrastructure spending should be passed but the pork... there's more than 5 or 6 times the pork than the actual infrastructure spending itself. That pork does not help either the poor or the middle class, but it will hurt both if it passes.

FWIW

WALTER784

Nov-19

But Kennedy himself graduated Magna cum Laude from Vanderbilt, has a Law degree from the University of Virginia and a B.C.L. degree from Oxford in England where he was a First-Class Honors graduate.

So he's no country bumpkin; and he's very insightful and often humorous too.

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Nov-19

Sloppy keyboarding.  “But crimes…”. I edited it. Runaway inflation should scare everyone. We are all feeling it.

WALTER784

Nov-19

Yes, but just scaring everybody who are all now paying more won't rectify the problem.

The additional and unnecessary spending passed by the House and now up before the Senate... if passed... will only worsen the situation. 

Of the $1,200,000,000,000 infrastructure budget, $822,000,000,000 (70% of the total) is not for infrastructure! Only 30% is going towards infrastructure. So pass the 30% and weed out the unnecessary 70% which will hit all of us with increased inflation prices for the next few years.

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Nov-20

Don’t most people think of potholes and street paving when they think of infrastructure?  I tend to think locally. Can I get to the store without destroying the car?

Jeri (azpaints)

Nov-20

And bad bridges!  Think of the catastrophic bridge collapses.  We went a new route to my dentist appointment and I asked Mike to change course the potholes were so bad.  This is a major alternative route to I10 and is so low in places it's closed during rainy season.  We'd be thrilled if even half the dang distance was fixed (a whole 4.7 mile stretch with at least 3 miles of it in potholes and floods).  As I said a MAJOR I10 E/W bound route.