Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Mainstream media's job...   The Jovial You: Humor, Jokes and Riddles

Started Nov-28 by WALTER784; 264 views.
Showtalk
Host

Dec-2

That is Twitter, which is actually not used by that many people but seems to be.

WALTER784

Dec-2

Yep... did you hear that Dorsey stepped down as CEO?

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Dec-3

I did but no details. I found this. Some interesting commentary. Bezos and Dorsey both quit.  Facebook and Twitter changed the names of parent companies. Why did Dorsey step down?  The reasons are mild considering how big it is.

WALTER784

Dec-4

I think they both see the troubled waters that are coming in the not too distant future and want to distance themselves from it.

Oh, and by the way, Dorsey's replacement is even worse!

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Dec-5

Who? How?

WALTER784

Dec-5

Both Bezos and Dorsey and perhaps not too far in the future, Zuckerberg too might step down.

There are currently ongoing investigations in to big tech, how they affected the elections with their suppression of conservative voices, their double standard that allows liberal users to do things they won't allow conservative users do.

They don't want to be head ofl their respective companies when SHTF and so they step down, hand the reigns over to somebody else and get out of Dodge as quickly as possible. They get their nice severance packages while they still can knowing good and well that in the not too distant future, the section 230 protections will probably be removed. 

So they're taking their money and running before those companies hit hard financial times.

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Dec-8

Are they quitting because they have done something illegal or because they realize their tech booms can’t go on indefinitely. Amazon doesn’t do politics, they sell things.  So if their reason are political, Amazon CEO had no reason to retire.  Zuckerberg has a massive ego that IS Facebook.  If he retired, he would be a nobody.  He won’t unless he has something else waiting.

WALTER784

Dec-8

Well, both of Bezos' and Dorsey's companies have changed the name of their parent companies to distance them. Why? Because they see trouble ahead for their current companies in the not too distant future (2022~2023). And while stock prices are still high and the litigation cases seem to be piling up... they want to get out while the going is good. Otherwise they stand to lose a lot when things go south... (i.e. Section 230 protections removed).

And as soon as Dorsey stepped down, Twitter's stock immediately jumped in price. So maybe he expected that and kept his stock until after the price went up and then sold it.

As for Zuckerberg... I think you'll be hearing a lot more about him in the future.

Zuckerberg Mentor Roger McNamee Calls for Criminal Probe of Facebook (breitbart.com)

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Dec-8

They should investigate. They may not find anything but it should be looked into.