Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Child & youth sex trafficking   The Serious You: How Current Events Affect You

Started Dec-9 by WALTER784; 760 views.
WALTER784

Dec-9

How does your State fare in the Report cards on child & youth sex trafficking?

39 of the 50 States and D.C. received an F, 9 States received a D and only 1 State received a C. There were no A's or B's.

Shared Hope International Introduces Advanced-Level State (globenewswire.com)

Download the Report Card yourself at 2021Toolkit.pdf (sharedhope.org) and see how your State fares and what you should do to try and improve your State's grading.

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Dec-9

Where is the list of states?  All should have laws against this with zero tolerance.

WALTER784

Dec-9

Showtalk said...

All should have laws against this with zero tolerance.

They should but there are 6 categories where each state is graded on, and the hurdle to get a passing grade is quite high.

The PDF is in the link above, but I'll post it here again. 2021Toolkit.pdf (sharedhope.org)

A list of all states combined is on pages 4 & 5, but a detailed breakdown of each of the categories per state are broken down from pages 32 ~ 43.

It's quite a comprehensive score card with detailed explanation of all of the terms, measuring methods, etc.

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Dec-9

The ratings are horrible! Florida has a C. The other states are all DS and Fs.

WALTER784

Dec-10

Yes... that's why I posted it here to see if anybody wants to help push their Congressmen/legislators to improve those results.

I'm from Florida, but even a C can be improved quite a bit.

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Dec-10

It’s shocking this is allowed anywhere especially given how much press the subject gets.

WALTER784

Dec-10

Yes, it is shocking and as such we all need to push our State's representatives to do more to rectify this monstrous atrocity. 

Sadly, this kind of information doesn't get any attention in liberal news media what so ever. In fact, I haven't seen much about it from conservative media sources other than when law enforcement make massive arrests of 20 ~ 40 or more individuals caught in a secret sting operation.  

FWIW

• Edited December 10, 2021 10:01 pm  by  WALTER784

While they probably can't get rid of *all* the youth sex traffickers, they could certainly get rid of most fairly quickly if we collectively had the will and the stomach to just cleanse the world of them.

Encourage the victims to rat them out anonymously. Then all one needs really is a good strong rope and a bridge (or tall strong tree with a good branch or two about 12 feet off the ground), or a pock-marked blood stained concrete wall, some riflemen, and a few rounds of ammo per garbage removal procedure.

Or like they do in some parts of the world, just "disappear" them.

Generally if weighted and dumped at sea in water greater than about 5,000 feet depth, the pressure is enough to overcome decomposition gas buoyancy and the bottom scavengers will quickly make sure that the evidence disappears as thoroughly as those who went down with the Titanic.

WALTER784

Dec-11

I think the French Guillotine in a public square would do quite a bit to put a hamper on this ASAP.

The victims would get immediate relief knowing that the culprit who harmed them won't harm anybody else ever again. 

And the perpetrators would think twice before continuing in that profession as well.

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Dec-11

If they don’t think they can do much to stop it they move on to other stories.