Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Your favorite 2000's songs   The Pleasure Seeking You: Entertainment & Sports

Started 12/16/21 by WALTER784; 5288 views.
MakoJo (makojo1)

Jun-27

It's So Hard To Say Goodbye To Yesterday - Kenny Vance And The Planetones

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28GVPQYcd0I

I struggled with which discussion to put this in.  This is a 2006 doo-wop cover.  The original was in the movie Cooley High in the 70's.  Boyz to Men had a big hit with it in the 90's.  Other artists have covered it as well.  The doo-wop style is proably more fitting for the 50's.  The Planetones version is my favorite.  Interesting note, Kenny Vance was an original member of Jay And The Americans.

Whenever I hear this song, it brings tears to my eyes.  I see a montage of my parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles, and other folks who helped me on my journey through childhood and adolescence.  I miss them all.

Joe

WALTER784
Staff

Jun-27

I think you called it right... 

I looked it up... the 2006 mark is accurate... even though it has flashes from the past.

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Jun-28

You were lucky to have all those people in your life. Not everyone has a big family with close friends and those kinds of memories.

MakoJo (makojo1)

Jun-28

I grew up in a farming community.  My actual family is small.  But back then friends of your parents and adults at church were often called "Aunt" and "Uncle" even though there was no blood relationship.  There weren't a lot of us kids.  In high school a lot of us still referred to those kids as "cousins".

Yes, I was fortunate.  I had a great childhood.  I know not everyone can say that.

Joe

Showtalk
Host

Jun-28

You did. I grew up in a semi suburban community in an urban setting. Everyone knew my parents but we weren’t all close like that.  

In reply toRe: msg 1
WALTER784
Staff

Jun-29

Moved from the 1st song to add a list of all songs from the 2000's...

Baha Men - Who Let The Dogs Out (2001)

FWIW

MakoJo (makojo1)

Jun-30

For Your Precious Love - Kenny Vance & The Planetones

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0_K0pqNbZo

A beautiful cover of Jerry Butler's song.

Joe

WALTER784
Staff

Jun-30

Beautiful song... but I don't remember hearing it in this era.

FWIW

MakoJo (makojo1)

Jul-1

It's an album cut.  

Joe