Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Which of the following do you current...   The Serious You: How Current Events Affect You

Started Jan-26 by WALTER784; 302 views.
WALTER784
Staff

Poll Question From WALTER784

Jan-26

Which of the following do you currently have? See next post for details.
  • Driver's license0  votes
    0%
  • State ID number0  votes
    0%
  • Social security number0  votes
    0%
  • None of the above (Please explain)0  votes
    0%
  • I have 1, 2 & 30  votes
    0%
  • I have 1 & 20  votes
    0%
  • I have 1 & 39  votes
    100%
  • I have 2 & 30  votes
    0%
Driver's license 
State ID number 
Social security number 
None of the above (Please explain) 
I have 1, 2 & 3 
I have 1 & 2 
I have 1 & 3 
I have 2 & 3 
In reply toRe: msg 1
WALTER784
Staff

Jan-26

Numerous states are enacting new voting laws that require absentee voters to include their driver’s license number, state ID number OR the last four digits of their social security number on their applications. Counties then have to match this information with voter profiles to approve them for a mail-in ballot.

This is going to make it much more difficult to produce illegal mail in ballots.

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Jan-26

Can’t we just vote?  This seems too complicated. But it should eliminate cheating assuming numbers are checked.

WALTER784
Staff

Jan-27

It makes mail-in ballots equivalent to absentee ballots.

You need to have some kind of ID... any one of the 3 they ask for will do... you don't have to ask for all 3 to request a mail in ballot. (i.e. They just can't print it and do with it what they like...)

That will get rid of a good majority of the fraud that occurred in 2020 with the current mail-in ballots.

You want a mail-in ballot, show one ID and request it. That's how absentee ballots have worked for ages. 

FWIW

• Edited January 27, 2022 4:03 am  by  WALTER784
Showtalk
Host

Jan-28

Using SSN is a basis for fraud.  The first 3 numbers indicate where a person was born or lived as a teen-young adult.  They require the last four.  If they know those numbers and the person’s age, they can use a computer program to test possible middle two numbers and have a recipe for identity theft.

WALTER784
Staff

Jan-28

The last 4 digits of the SSN are only required if you don't have either a driver's license or some other State ID.

So to prevent the fraud you're mentioning, they should then get a State ID if they don't have a driver's license.

The purpose is to identify the person. And I'm sure they probably would allow a valid birth certificate if requested. All they need is to identify that person is who they say they are.

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Jan-29

Which the Democrats don’t want.

WALTER784
Staff

Jan-29

The only people who don't have IDs to show are dead people and illegals.

But recently, the Democrats are attempting to find ways for illegal to get driver's licenses, SSNs (of dead people) and other forms of ID so that they too can vote.

It's illegal but the Democrats seem to want things illegal.

FWIW