Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Are you following news of the Canadian anti-vax trucker convoy?   The Serious You: How Current Events Affect You

Started Jan-28 by Showtalk; 9929 views.
Showtalk

Poll Question From Showtalk

Jan-28

Are you following news of the Canadian anti-vax trucker convoy?
  • Yes, I'm cheering them on9  votes
    60%
  • Yes, I oppose it1  vote
    6%
  • No, but I'm in favor of it0  votes
    0%
  • No, but I oppose it0  votes
    0%
  • No, and I have no opinion2  votes
    13%
  • No, and I applaud0  votes
    0%
  • Yes, and I support Trudeau saying they hold unacceptable views2  votes
    13%
  • I don't know anything about it1  vote
    6%
  • 2 and 70  votes
    0%
  • Other0  votes
    0%
Yes, I'm cheering them on 
Yes, I oppose it 
No, but I'm in favor of it 
No, but I oppose it 
No, and I have no opinion 
No, and I applaud 
Yes, and I support Trudeau saying they hold unacceptable views 
I don't know anything about it 
2 and 7 
Other 
In reply toRe: msg 1
Showtalk
Host

Jan-28

In reply toRe: msg 2
Showtalk
Host

Jan-28

The_Rock (JABRONI256)

Jan-28

As usual, yes, following it intensely. These people are ridiculous, one dude had a giant star of david on his truck, I guess comparing the struggles of the truckers to the experience of jews during the holocaust, because that's totally an accurate in the ballpark comparison. It's a microcosm of the Canadian reality, 80-90% of truckers are vaccinated, 80% of the country is vaccinated, this represents the 16-20% fringe who I have zero sympathy for and strike me as extremely stupid and uninformed people, their demands pretty much confirm this, they seem to know nothing about their own civics at all. Trudeau will get a huge boon of support off this, and the Federal Conservatives will find their support plummet just from being in meetings with the truckers. 

Showtalk
Host

Jan-28

It’s suddenly getting a lot of coverage here.

Jeri (azpaints)

Jan-28

Perfect example of the "squeaky wheel (anti vaxxers)gets the grease (media coverage)."  I'm frankly amazed that in so many countries the minority gets the press, especially since many are "majority rule" mindsets 

The_Rock (JABRONI256)

Jan-28

Of course it is, it's a lightening rod for the same Qanon nonsense that I have been warning you about, it's here too and it's a bigger chunk of society than people think and these people are Dee level nuts.

The_Rock (JABRONI256)

Jan-28

Personally I don't take the news coverage as a bad thing, we should know that these nutbags exist, we should know their issues (crazy as they may be) and with conditions I think we should try to engage in a dialogue with them.

Jeri (azpaints)

Jan-28

I agree but until recently most of our news featured the anti vax without any pro vax info.  Its equalized now since so many media have seen and felt the effects of Covid.

The_Rock (JABRONI256)

Jan-28

https://www.cbc.ca/player/news/tv%20shows/the%20national/at%20issue

You should watch this discussion of it, these are our best political commentators.