Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What do you think of Elon Musk’s 9.2% Twitter buy-in?   The Online You: Internet Life

Started Apr-4 by Showtalk; 10769 views.
Showtalk
Host

Apr-25

WALTER784
Staff

Apr-25

LOL...

It looks like they've come down to the point I previously said... they've poisoned themselves.

Their stockholders all want the $54.20 that Musk is offering.

The board of directors doesn't want Musk to take over.

There is no 3rd party coming in, swooping down and offering anything better than Musk's offer.

They know what will happen if they refuse Musk's offer... he will sell all the shares he currently owns and their stocks will go into freefall and nothing can save them.

The shareholders are begging Twitter board members to take the deal... but only time will tell what they will actually do.

But I do believe they've poisoned themselves as previously mentioned.

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Apr-25

I was talking to some young adults when I was out who are angry with Musk. They think he’s destroying Twitter and going to make it unfriendly toward people they support. I walked into the conversation and didn’t want to intrude too much so I mostly listened. It was very interesting. They said if a private business wants to exclude all conservatives it’s their right.  They said Musk is an egotist who likes to destroy things. But he has been very successful with Tesla and Space X.

WALTER784
Staff

Apr-26

They are totally mistaken and have been misguided about what he wants to do with the platform.

Perhaps what they are afraid of is that now, truth and real news is banned as long as it goes against their narrative. Maybe they don't feel safe knowing the truth? Regardless, it's crazy.

And I read today that Twitter is going to take Musk's offer.

FWIW

In reply toRe: msg 37
WALTER784
Staff

Apr-26

Tucker: You just became a little more powerful

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Apr-26

Twitter doesn’t have a chance. What happens when a company goes private? Do the stockholders who bought it when it was public keep their shares?

WALTER784
Staff

Apr-26

I think that would depend on the contract.

Perhaps they were required to sell all their shares... maybe they were offered a lucrative buyback program. He may have allowed them to keep their shares at the rate he offered... I haven't seen the contract. 

Well, he now owns it and is going to make a massive shakeup within the company.

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Apr-26

It has already resulted in a flood of new users.

WALTER784
Staff

Apr-27

And within hours of Musk's purchase, Tucker Carlson's account was reinstated...

Tucker Carlson's Twitter account is reinstated just hours after Elon Musk purchased the platform | Daily Mail Online

Trump said he doesn't plan to return to Twitter and will stick with his Truth Social instead.

FWIW

In reply toRe: msg 42
WALTER784
Staff

Apr-27

Former Parler CEO: Elon Musk will have to clean out 'deep state' inside Twitter

Published April 27, 2022 9:14am EDT

Mark Meckler on Twitter employees reportedly 'freaking out' over Elon Musk taking charge

By Fox News Staff | Fox News

Mark Meckler: Elon Musk will increase transparency and free speech

Convention of States President Mark Meckler reacts to the Elon Musk purchase of Twitter.

Former Parler Interim CEO Mark Meckler said Wednesday Elon Musk should "clean out" Twitter of the kinds of people who do not support the app being a platform for free speech among users. Meckler joined "Fox & Friends First" to discuss Twitter employees reportedly distraught over Musk's purchase of the company.

TUCKER: THE PEOPLE IN CHARGE OPPOSE TRANSPARENCY

MARK MECKLER: I think he's the one guy who might have the potential to fix Twitter. It just demonstrates clearly and confirms the true bias inside Twitter that this is how folks feel about a guy whose only statement really about taking over Twitter is that he's going to increase transparency and increase free speech. They're freaking out on that. That demonstrates their bias. And I would say to him that he's got the deep state of Twitter inside Twitter. He's going to have to do a very good job of cleaning Twitter of those kinds of people. I think anybody who's tweeted like this, he should relieve them of their duties. He should remove them from the company. He's going to have to start again really deeply inside with removing management and creating the right kind of management structure that promotes free speech and transparency.

FWIW