Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Is Joe Biden's admin destroying America?   The Serious You: How Current Events Affect You

Started 4/18/22 by WALTER784; 45047 views.
In reply toRe: msg 457
WALTER784
Staff

Sep-15

If you think things are bad now... they're only going to get worse...

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Sep-15

He is too depressing.

WALTER784
Staff

Sep-21

He explains (in detail I might add) why the Democrat policies are causing our misery to increase...

'They Told You This Was Coming...': Schweikert Points Finger At Democrats In Epic House Floor Speech

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Sep-22

How did he get the floor for such a long speech?  Don’t they usually cut them off at five minutes? It’s a great and logical talk but the House doesn’t need to hear that. They either already know or don’t care.  The average voter needs to hear it.

Showtalk
Host

Sep-22

Dazed and confused. Every voter must see this video. It’s cruel to allow him to make public appearances.

WALTER784
Staff

Sep-22

Showtalk said...

How did he get the floor for such a long speech?  Don’t they usually cut them off at five minutes? It’s a great and logical talk but the House doesn’t need to hear that.

I'm not exactly sure exactly how they do it, but some are allowed 1 hour to speak. I've heard 7 or 8 of them speak uninterrupted for 1 full hour.

Maybe only ranking members? 

The sad thing is that I think only they themselves are allowed on the floor during the speech, no other members from their party are allowed. And I also think that most Democrats are also not allowed... i.e. Only the President of the Democrats with a few select members actually hear what needs to be said. So even though it's a good speech, sadly, only a select few people actually hear what he says. 

Showtalk said...

The average voter needs to hear it.

Yes, these speeches are mainly for those of us in the general public who want to hear it. Sadly, most of the Democrats won't watch him either.

FWIW

WALTER784
Staff

Sep-22

Showtalk said...

Dazed and confused. Every voter must see this video. It’s cruel to allow him to make public appearances.

He's making a fool of himself (and probably doesn't even realize it) while also telling the world that we're a weak government so please take advantage of us! America has become the mockery of the world!

It's more than sad... it's unusual, it's cruel, it's ludicrous, it's humiliating... but yet those who run our country (certainly not Joe) allow this to continue time and again and again and again!

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Sep-22

So he is investigating something and sharing his findings with a small group.  They wouldn't want the entire House to hear him or some of the Dems might side with the Reps.

Showtalk
Host

Sep-22

It's elder abuse.

WALTER784
Staff

Sep-22

Showtalk said...

So he is investigating something and sharing his findings with a small group.  They wouldn't want the entire House to hear him or some of the Dems might side with the Reps.

Yep, and the Republicans would cheer him on too, but they don't want that.

They should have all of Congress... or at least all of the House or Senate depending on which branch they were in, sit in and listen to the entire thing.

But the Democrats would never go for that. The ones who need to hear it most don't get to hear it unless they watch a videoclip of it and most of them don't want to. 

So it's like talking to deaf ears or a brick wall!!!

Just more evidence of how broken our current Congress is!

FWIW

• Edited September 22, 2022 10:58 pm  by  WALTER784