Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

The US Economy will go into recession...   The Serious You: How Current Events Affect You

Started May-15 by WALTER784; 377 views.
WALTER784
Staff

May-15

Our US economy will go into a full blown recession in the 2nd ~ 3rd quarter and our logistics supply backlog will worsed in that same time period.

This is my personal prediction... I have no source other than my knowledge of the market place and our current economic situation.

My reasoning... look at the US Dollar against the Japanese Yen... it's similar with all other currencies around the world.

My reasoning is the above Japanese Yen vs US Dollar chart.

Rate   @JPY110=$1.00 @JPY130=$1.00
Japanese Car ¥3,500,000 $31,818 $26,923
US Car $35,000 ¥3,850,000 ¥4,550,000

When the dollar gets stronger a Japanese imported car that used to cost $31,818 when the Yen rate was at 110 now only costs $26,923 because the rate is now at 130.

Similary a US exported car that used to cost JPY3,850,000 when the Yen rate was at 110 now costs JPY4,550,000 because the rate is now at 130.

What this means is that imports from abroad will become much cheaper in the US... this will cause a massive influx due to the cheaper cost while also further placing a much heavier burder on our already stressed logistics supply chain which will further erode our economy.

It also means that exports from the US to foreign countries will all become much more expensive overseas... this will cause a massive decrease in exports from the US overeas.

Both of these will destroy our GDP in that same time span too!!!

You will see the downturn in the 2nd ~ 3rd quarter of this year.

If you want a better source, just read how our 1st Quarter surprised our supposedly expert analysts who will also be surprised that I was right and they will be wrong again in the 2nd and 3rd Quarter.

FWIW

• Edited May 15, 2022 12:02 pm  by  WALTER784
Showtalk
Host

May-15

It already is.

WALTER784
Staff

May-15

We're just seeing the beginning of the stagflation... not the real recession yet. It's going to get much worse.

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

May-15

I can’t wait…

WALTER784
Staff

May-15

It's going to be a full blown recession with delays and lack of delivery galore.

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

May-15

We are already seeing that in stores and shopping.  Baby formula.

WALTER784
Staff

May-15

What you are seeing is the tip of the iceberg... the stagflation.

We will be in a full recession by 2nd ~ 3rd quarter and it will be much worse than what we're seeing today.

Not only shortages in baby formula, but also milk, chicken, beef, pork, vegetables, fruit, other.

And the more monies aproved going further will only worsen the inflation increasing prices even further.

FWIW

• Edited May 16, 2022 9:35 pm  by  WALTER784
Showtalk
Host

May-16

Someone with financial sense needs to be in charge. Politicians are not good at fiscal responsibility.

• Edited May 16, 2022 2:26 pm  by  Showtalk
WALTER784
Staff

May-17

Well... Pelosi surly called this one totally wrong! But then again that seems to be par for her.

Pelosi Dismisses Bidenflation and Shrinking Economy as an “Aberration” (VIDEO)

By Cristina Laila
Published April 29, 2022 at 12:35pm

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi on Friday dismissed the shrinking economy and crippling inflation caused by Joe Biden and the Democrat party.

The Bureau of Economic Analysis reported Thursday that Biden’s economy is shrinking.

The first-quarter GDP contracted 1.4%.

Crippling inflation is at a 40-year high.

The Biden Regime claims the US inflation rate rose to 8.5% but everyone knows that number is cooked.

A reporter asked Pelosi if the shrinking economy and record high inflation is going to have an effect on the 2022 election.

Pelosi dismissed the US GDP contracting 1.4% and said the financial woes are just an “aberration.”

Perhaps it is easy for Pelosi, an out-of-touch elitist, to dismiss the recession since she is worth more than $100 million.

Pelosi also wiped her nose with a tissue then put the tissue on the lectern shared by others.

Gross.

Pelosi Dismisses Bidenflation and Shrinking Economy as an "Aberration" (VIDEO) (thegatewaypundit.com)

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

May-19

She showed she is above inflation that when she ate $12 a pint ice cream front of her $20,000 freezers during Covid. Marie Antoinette Pelosi.